British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

On 5/4/2022 at 10:27 AM, Racin Jason 72 said:

Interesting to see Ben Morley scored paid ten from 5 rides at number 7 for Plymouth resulting in helping thrash Poole. 

As Newcastle are over 3 points below the 42 limit, I don't think signing a new reserve is the answer to avoiding the wooden spoon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

As Newcastle are over 3 points below the 42 limit, I don't think signing a new reserve is the answer to avoiding the wooden spoon!

Well not unless they want to retain it? ;)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Interesting to see what the crowds like sunday as its newc vs man city at the same time

Just to point out, Newcastle are away to Man City, but it is on Sky.

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

& All the pubs will be showing it 

54 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

Interesting to see what the crowds like sunday as its newc vs man city at the same time

Hopefully Glasgow bring a full Bobby beaton coach down as that's 49 paying fans or maybe they fetch 2 down 

7 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hopefully Glasgow bring a full Bobby beaton coach down as that's 49 paying fans or maybe they fetch 2 down 

Just the one coach I'm afraid 

29 minutes ago, StevePark said:

It's a pity they couldn't put the match back a bit, so that folk could go to speedway then watch the footy later,,, or they could tape it and no-one tell them the score, a mean  the telly is available 24/7 these days!!!

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

It's a pity they couldn't put the match back a bit, so that folk could go to speedway then watch the footy later,,, or they could tape it and no-one tell them the score, a mean  the telly is available 24/7 these days!!!

Surely Newcastle fans prefer to watch their team getting pumped live at the speedway than the football on the telly :rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Ah my bad! Hopefully crowds will be good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Would love to see the reaction at Premier League headquarters when Manchester City and Sky request that the kick off needs to be put back to 7:45 as a few Newcastle Diamonds fans need to go and watch their team at 4:00 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/5/2022 at 3:18 PM, szkocjasid said:

You had all winter to sign a rider to bring you up to the limit but didn’t.  If you replace a non scoring 4 pointer with one that will get 6 at home and two away that will be a decent improvement on what you currently have. 
the most important thing for Newcastle is to win at home consistently. Regular home defeats will end in disaster 

It's a pity they couldn't put the match back a bit, so that folk could go to speedway then watch the footy later,,, or they could tape it and no-one tell them the score, a mean  the telly is available 24/7 these days!!!

Are you using VHS or Betamax? :rofl:

Yes there's always one smart ass and that's me! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You had all winter to sign a rider to bring you up to the limit but didn’t.  If you replace a non scoring 4 pointer with one that will get 6 at home and two away that will be a decent improvement on what you currently have. 
the most important thing for Newcastle is to win at home consistently. Regular home defeats will end in disaster 

Anyone in mind?

• Like 1

Anyone in mind?

A return for Nicki P? :D

Well Bjarne & Crumpy av doubled up in the Premiership & Championship so I wouldn't rule it out. And he nearly rode for Sheffield......so who knows? when things change in Poland it cud happen.

If he was keen it wud need sum serious backing on the finance though.

:t:

Edited by Turnip