British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

20 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

When’s BWD gunna keep us updated about his return? Instead of the club. 

Has the club kept us updated? I must have missed it...

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Anyone in mind?

I’d previously mentioned Ben Morley and got shot down for it but he certainly helped Plymouth beat Poole on Tuesday by scoring paid ten. 
whilst admirable keeping faith with George he isn’t what you need at the moment.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, screm said:

Ta, I stopped looking at the website because nothing was on there, the “in” crowd just posted Facebook posts from the promotion now and again on here, actual Facebook stuff can only be accessed if you are on Facebook, things must have changed for the better....

16 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Teams for sunday???

Kyle Howarth and Jason Edwards are the Newcastle guests I think.

Edited by bloom89
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I’d previously mentioned Ben Morley and got shot down for it but he certainly helped Plymouth beat Poole on Tuesday by scoring paid ten. 
whilst admirable keeping faith with George he isn’t what you need at the moment.  

Ben Morley good option if he's  to replace Congreve. I was at Plymouth vs Poole & he more than did his job.

I also saw him ride at Leicester vs Redcar, he battled away but bigger tracks no good for him, he's too slow.

Shud do ok round Brough Park, that's all Newcastle need at the mo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

No-one shot you down IMO… simply said Plymouth is more Ben’s style of track! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Turnip said:

Ben Morley good option if he's  to replace Congreve. I was at Plymouth vs Poole & he more than did his job.

I also saw him ride at Leicester vs Redcar, he battled away bube t bigger tracks no good for hinderhim, he's too slow.

Shud do ok round Brough Park, that's all Newcastle need at the mo.

Yeah, but wouldn't that be like hindering the progress of someone who might improve and replacing them with someone that wont?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, but wouldn't that be like hindering the progress of someone who might improve and replacing them with someone that wont?

The counter argument;

Newcastle need to bring some riders in that will immediately strengthen the team at home therefore increasing the chances of winning

Newcastle need to start winning at home or the inevitable will happen & the crowd will start to drift away.

I don't think Newcastle's circumstances allow any more time to wait for rider improvement especially from a rider who is so young & new to British speedway.

4 minutes ago, Turnip said:

The counter argument;

Newcastle need to bring some riders in that will immediately strengthen the team at home therefore increasing the chances of winning

Newcastle need to start winning at home or the inevitable will happen & the crowd will start to drift away.

I don't think Newcastle's circumstances allow any more time to wait for rider improvement especially from a rider who is so young & new to British speedway.

What would Ben's CL average be?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

What would Ben's CL average be?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Teams for sunday???

Best take a big coat Geoff was bloomin cold last week, did not help with the big delay !!

24 minutes ago, Turnip said:

The counter argument;

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

If Newcastle are 3 points below the build limit and replace a 4 averaged rider,,, would it not leave 7 points to replace them with?,,, so surely bringing someone on a 3.5 ave would be frowned upon?

• Like 1