British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Newcastle are 3 points below the build limit and replace a 4 averaged rider,,, would it not leave 7 points to replace them with?,,, so surely bringing someone on a 3.5 ave would be frowned upon?

Changes could also be made further up the team as well. 

It's not just a case of replacing one rider , 2 or 3 changes or more could be made to improve the team.

So frowned upon? Not if other appropriate changes are made.

Edited by Turnip

5 minutes ago, Turnip said:

It's not just a case of replacing one rider , 2 or 3 changes or more could be made to improve the team.

Not sure if there is a long queue of 7 point riders looking for a start? :t:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I can only see one change worth making to strengthen the team: replacing Congreave with anyone who can average over 2.00.

Can't see any likely signing that will be stronger than using guests for BWD.

Certainly no one else in the team should he dropped imo.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I can only see one change worth making to strengthen the team: replacing Congreave with anyone who can average over 2.00.

Can't see any likely signing that will be stronger than using guests for BWD.

Certainly no one else in the team should he dropped imo.

I would stick with George only if it’s to give him the experience of the uk tracks for next season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neila said:

Best take a big coat Geoff was bloomin cold last week, did not help with the big delay !!

Really??? I thought it was a nice night weather wise at Brough

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Best take a big coat Geoff was bloomin cold last week, did not help with the big delay !!

Shorts and comets top these days lol anyone spot me in this weeks "star",fame at last :rofl:

16 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Shorts and comets top these days lol anyone spot me in this weeks "star",fame at last :rofl:

Fame!!!,,, that was you? ;)

27 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Fame!!!,,, that was you? ;)

Pic from belle vue on monday first time sat in stand wow they dont half fly in them corners:t:

• Like 1

Over 65 year olds to get in free versus Scunthorpe on Sunday 22nd May with valid proof.What a nice gesture by Rob Grant.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, soupy said:

Over 65 year olds to get in free versus Scunthorpe on Sunday 22nd May with valid proof.What a nice gesture by Rob Grant.

Won’t take in much cash that day.Very strange gesture,probably a thank you for Burger sales at the track.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Won’t take in much cash that day.Very strange gesture,probably a thank you for Burger sales at the track.

I was thinking the same.  I would imagine those concessions are a massive part of the match day income.  So either Granty is benevolent or hasn't a clue about his customer base.

Or maybe the crowd just look older than they actually are after years of terrible Diamonds teams. 

On 5/7/2022 at 10:27 AM, Paulco said:

Just the one coach I'm afraid 

Better than nothing nice 1

6 minutes ago, enotian said:

I was thinking the same.  I would imagine those concessions are a massive part of the match day income.  So either Granty is benevolent or hasn't a clue about his customer base.

Or maybe the crowd just look older than they actually are after years of terrible Diamonds teams. 

Judging Granty think it is the latter.

Taken from Facebook

The Newcastle Speedway promotion, along with the sports authorities, have taken the decision to postpone our next home fixture on Sunday 22nd May against Scunthorpe. This is to allow for essential track work to be carried out.
The promotion is working with BSP Limited and the Speedway Control Bureau to carry out this work.
We will of course keep all of our supporters up to date with this work, and hope to have everything complete and approved in time for our next fixture against Redcar on Sunday 29th
  • Like 3