British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

29 minutes ago, Gaz said:

A like for like swap was no good. If it was a 5 or 6 point average man to replace a reserve then fair enough. 

Don't think I've seen jack complete 4 laps at Newcastle 

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Don't think I've seen jack complete 4 laps at Newcastle 

Just hope he's got the set up right for Friday & Sunday meetings as he's especially going to need it against high flying Leicester on Sunday at Newcastle 

Granty really is trying to kill Newcastle speedway.a crap team , a crap track, or it will be again soon when the track team get there tractors on it ….wonder what odds granty got that they wouldn’t finish the season.?

.got to feel for the supporters that do all the fund raising for the club,all the hard work the volunteers do and for the riders that actually want to ride for the diamonds(max,wrighty,matty).Best of luck to George .

The only reason this change would make sense is swapping a 4.00 rider for a 2.00 rider to give us more points to play with at the top end... But if that change isn't made within the next week or so then what the hell was the point in that... Jack's no better than George...

2 Matthew Wethers 5.52
4 Max Clegg 5.39
5 Paul Starke 6.27
6 James Wright 5.06
7 Jack Smith 2.00
                                           Total: 24.24
                                                 Left: 17.76

Unless Granty and the promotion can pull a couple of 8 pointers out of thin air or a 10 pointer (A Bjerre type) and a 7 pointer (Ludde or something) then the change was a waste of time...

Plus Matty is now out injured long term isn't he? So even if we did bring in some riders, we've only got a 6 man team still...

I genuinely have never been this uninterested in speedway in the 20 or so years I've been watching it... This club is dead

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

The only reason this change would make sense is swapping a 4.00 rider for a 2.00 rider to give us more points to play with at the top end... But if that change isn't made within the next week or so then what the hell was the point in that... Jack's no better than George...

2 Matthew Wethers 5.52
4 Max Clegg 5.39
5 Paul Starke 6.27
6 James Wright 5.06
7 Jack Smith 2.00

Unless Granty and the promotion can pull a couple of 8 pointers out of thin air or a 10 pointer (A Bjerre type) and a 7 pointer (Ludde or something) then the change was a waste of time...

Plus Matty is now out injured long term isn't he? So even if we did bring in some riders, we've only got a 6 man team still...

I genuinely have never been this uninterested in speedway in the 20 or so years I've been watching it... This club is dead

I think the signing of Smith shows, no one is willing to come to Newcastle otherwise they would have signed a stronger rider (8.08 was available to replace Congreave). But I do feel Smith will score more than Congreave so it isn't a waste of time. Even if it means they only lose by 18 points instead of 20 in matches?

Not that it matters as I can't see Newcastle using up their spare points, but isn't Jack Smith on a 3.00 ave?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

2 Matthew Wethers 5.52
4 Max Clegg 5.39
5 Paul Starke 6.27
6 James Wright 5.06
7 Jack Smith 2.00

Personally I would get rid of Complin now,stick max & James at reserve then try congure up a few riders from somewhere on the planet  to back up starkey and matty (when he’s fit).most meetings these days are win by the no 6&7.

On 6/7/2022 at 9:27 PM, Justgotmecpc said:

Thing is where's the number 1 who can commit to Sunday home matches !!

Finding someone is the BIG problem.

It's either going to be a big money name or a gamble on an unknown who maybe isn't considered good enough to be wanted elsewhere.

On the positive side, signing Jack Smith may mean his dad giving a discount on team race suits next season IF there is to be a next season

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Wow,,, a didn't see that name on THJ's list.

Aye ya not the only one Ruff... WAFJ... what I was suggesting was to try and strengthen the team and push Max and James into reserve to... as @bigred correctly pointed out... give a couple of strong reserves that would give the team a fighting chance.... only "Johnny English Reborn" would bring in another rider who has previously stated publicity his dislike for Brough... the names I suggested were credible options who were potentially available.... however what's going on beggars belief...

Sad to say but I am not missing it and find my alternative Sunday routine is definitely more pleasurable than watching my team getting pumped by 60 plus points at home....

Johnny English Reborn needs a reality check... he had the opportunity to take the club forward but his hubris got the better of him... 

Real shame and no pleasure whatsoever in seeing the club in this mess...

Regards 

T HJ 

• Like 5

Just seen on speedway star, BWD saying newc need to replace him, since when?

only saw the cover photo and post on fb/ so havent read the article

8 hours ago, bigred said:

Personally I would get rid of Complin now,stick max & James at reserve then try congure up a few riders from somewhere on the planet  to back up starkey and matty (when he’s fit).most meetings these days are win by the no 6&7.

Isn't Lee one of the few riders achieving his average so far for Newcastle (4 points from 2 rides last night)?  Any statto's got a run down of the current team and what each riders achieving?

• Like 1

I really hope Grant can pull something out of the hat for Newcastle, sad to see them in their current state especially when you think of the days of the Owens, Hunter, etc.I have a trip planned up there soon always enjoy a night or two in Newcastle. I thought at the time signing BWD was a waste of time and so it proved, hope things turn around for the fans. 

I don’t see the point in changing George for someone similar unless you had bigger plans in place, we are weaker now by a further 2 points, you might as well have stuck with George so he gets the experience and is our asset 

the piece in the star by BWD is interesting and it no way says he’s withholding his services……..

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Isn't Lee one of the few riders achieving his average so far for Newcastle (4 points from 2 rides last night)?  Any statto's got a run down of the current team and what each riders achieving?

Lee's new ave. 3.47,,, Paul, Max, James about holding they're ave. Matty a bit down.

6 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

I don’t see the point in changing George for someone similar unless you had bigger plans in place, we are weaker now by a further 2 points, you might as well have stuck with George so he gets the experience and is our asset 

Maybe a couple of big numbers coming in?

What you say makes sense, but if there isn't anyone coming in to 'fill' the team upto strength,,, would it not have worked to keep George at 7 and name Jack at 8, especially with us using r/r on a regular basis and give Jack an opportunity that way?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1