British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

31 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Now the track has been 'fixed' we shall see. but on the evidence of the meeting against Redcar (fastest times of the season), suggests that is exactly what they have managed to do.

They did a cracking job Steve,however they will not be doing the track every meeting I’m just saying that the clowns that usually do the track will ruin it again,

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, bigred said:

They did a cracking job Steve,however they will not be doing the track every meeting I’m just saying that the clowns that usually do the track will ruin it again,

What if they get new clowns?

13 minutes ago, bigred said:

As I said earlier, one of those 'clowns' as you so eloquently put it, is one of the best track curators in the Leagues.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Your right no idea where the riders will come from.They aren’t interested about riding in UK for little money.Newcastle probably should have dropped down a league,when they realised the riders weren’t interested for the money on offer.

The sadly ain't enough riders who want to ride over here and the ones that do will ride where they want to ride and no doubt chase the best money available, in an ideal world the top riders would be spread evenly cross the clubs and each club have 2 big hitter/heat leaders but that's never going to happen so you get the situation like we have now, Poole a Leicester have 3 big hitters and teams like Newcastle and Birmingham can't even get one let alone a couple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

The sadly ain't enough riders who want to ride over here and the ones that do will ride where they want to ride and no doubt chase the best money available, in an ideal world the top riders would be spread evenly cross the clubs and each club have 2 big hitter/heat leaders but that's never going to happen so you get the situation like we have now, Poole a Leicester have 3 big hitters and teams like Newcastle and Birmingham can't even get one let alone a couple.

Don’t know how the guest payment works but if say the Kyle Howarth’s, Ricky Wells, Richie and Stevie Worralls and Lewis Kerr’s etc are willing to guest for Newcastle and are expected to  score double figures everytime is it not the same as giving big money to 1 rider who you  would expect to score double figures everytime ? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Don’t know how the guest payment works but if say the Kyle Howarth’s, Ricky Wells, Richie and Stevie Worralls and Lewis Kerr’s etc are willing to guest for Newcastle and are expected to  score double figures everytime is it not the same as giving big money to 1 rider who you  would expect to score double figures everytime ? 

Yeah but it's getting the riders to ride for any given club for a season that's the problem, you'll always have guests for injuries and alike and their probably more then happy to pick up guest bookings to supplement their income, im just saying you wouldn't be having the current situation if the riders were spread about more evenly but it ain't gonna happen, they tried that one or two 8 point rider per team rule in the top league a few seasons back but that just made riders manipulate their averages at the end of the season so that they finished the season just shy of 8 points and made them more in demand.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Looks like the rain off at Oxford saved us from another big hiding. Kerr 1 from 2 rides. Not sure if the track was poor for all the 4 heats but he was flying there only last week or the week before for Redcar. Apart from the Worralls, Howarth and maybe 1 or 2 more Guests have been pretty poor for us in general over past seasons. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Good point,but I suppose you don’t have meet the riders signing on demands( bikes ,engines,transport ,ect,) to start with.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Sorry but I don't see how Jack Smith strengthens the Diamonds, not unless they bring in two top performers along side. Question is who.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

As I said earlier, one of those 'clowns' as you so eloquently put it, is one of the best track curators in the Leagues.  

Give it a rest will you, your white knighting of the promotion is getting rather sickly now. The whole set up is an absolute joke. I have no affiliation to any promotion but this lot ain’t getting my money.

• Haha 1

Last weeks Speedway Star has the league and KOC cup combined averages in, and George has had 9 matches, 28 rides and scored 6+1 for an average of 1. I have no gripe with George, Newcastle or anyone ( Redcar Fan I am), but surely if Jack Smith scores 8 points before the end of the season it must be an improvement. Like I say, no bother to me either way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

How long will Jack Smith last.That’s the question he has a poor record when given a chance in Championship.

I see Jack riding for BV Colts, being with Archie Freeman,  and he is loads better than the comments about him. Hard rider, good gater and not frightened to mix it.

Really pleased for him to get another chance and I hope he takes it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Give it a rest will you, your white knighting of the promotion is getting rather sickly now. The whole set up is an absolute joke. I have no affiliation to any promotion but this lot ain’t getting my money.

The curator in question is one if the best in the county.Long time (30 years)curator of Sheffield and Scunny, count in several GP's at Cardiff and was one of the 'clowns' you call them that put the track right a couple of weeks ago.  

Just now, Tsunami said:

The curator in question is one if the best in the county.Long time (30 years)curator of Sheffield and Scunny, count in several GP's at Cardiff and was one of the 'clowns' you call them that put the track right a couple of weeks ago.  

To be fair it wasn't Diamondboy who called them 'clowns', it was Bigred.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I never called anyone a clown.

• Like 1