British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Can’t even get the basic things right man :(

How can fans see things that they can’t! 

Plenty team managers in the stand. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Plenty team managers in the stand. ;)

When the team are going good the management are top dogs but when it's not going well the management are the worst thing ever !!  I'm sure Steve would step aside if someone can do a better job PLEASE step forward & speak to the promotion of you can do a better job 

Edited by Justgotmecpc
  • Haha 1

(My) press release: Newcastle v Leicester (today)

The Diamonds will take on the top of the table Leicester Lions at 4.00pm, don’t miss this one, get there early to avoid the disappointment of being turned away.

News of both teams to be announced prior to heat 1. 

……well it’s better than anything I’ve seen on the club’s website or twitter page!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

When the team are going good the management are top dogs but when it's not going well the management are the worst thing ever !!  I'm sure Steve would step aside if someone can do a better job PLEASE step forward & speak to the promotion of you can do a better job 

Really?

So when have this management or promotion been considered top dogs then considering we have only won a few matches in a season and a half?

It always makes me laugh this attitude that for some reason anyone involved in speedway is doing supporters a favour; unlike any other sport.

Supporters are entitled to their own opinions, it’s what makes sport so great. Let’s not forget that speedway is no different and anyone is entitled to have their views on teams, riders or how the team is set up.

Yes the promotion don’t make money and some work on a voluntary basis to help the club and good on them for doing that but let’s not forget that is their own choice to do so. 

If you are involved in sport at any level you will get people questioning decisions ect. Even as a junior football coach at under 7s you get questions and challenged by parents on line ups and tactics. So why should speedway be any different?

The RR one for today is certainly a strange one but at the end of the day it is the managers call.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Wouldn't take much doing. His pre match team talk is just simply " Go out & enjoy yourselves" No motivation whatsoever.

• Like 2

Line-up for today amended.  Kasper Andersen at 2 for Matty and R/R for Starkey at 5.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Line-up for today amended.  Kasper Andersen at 2 for Matty and R/R for Starkey at 5.

Newcastle manager reads the forum lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Newcastle manager reads the forum lol

I hope Steve Pate does not read this forum as is always getting slated.

19 minutes ago, soupy said:

If he followed half the stuff on here then he probably wouldn't get slated as much.

57 minutes ago, JCookie said:

If he followed half the stuff on here then he probably wouldn't get slated as much.

Would you do the job?

6 minutes ago, soupy said:

Would you do the job?

No, I have no interest in being a team manager. However, I'd make sure I gave myself every possible advantage and cover every base if I did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soupy said:

If he reads as well as he manages it wont be an issue!! 

On 11/22/2021 at 5:34 AM, Technik said:

I don't honestly believe George Congrieve will make it in the British Championship league. The competition in NZ is not great once you get beyond BWD.

Andrew Aldridge who tried NL then went home Bradley Andrews the same result Ryan Terry Daley another of the same standard. I hope he makes it but I have serious doubts 

My opinion of the young Kiwi was about on the money. But to take him out at this stage & replace him with Jack Smith who has proved time & again that the Championship is beyond him. I think if that was my option I'd stick with Congreve, at least you still have hope that he can improve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Technik said:

My opinion of the young Kiwi was about on the money. But to take him out at this stage & replace him with Jack Smith who has proved time & again that the Championship is beyond him. I think if that was my option I'd stick with Congreve, at least you still have hope that he can improve.

I disagree with that comment, Jack Smith has proved he can average 3.00 in the Championship, not the HL Newcastle need, but shouod be able to score a few points.

Jack Smith's aves

2021 1.80 (Glasgow & Plymouth)

2019 3.11 (Redcar)

2018 3.14 (Sheffield)

2017 2.57 (Glasgow)

Compared to Congreave

2022 0.67 (Newcastle)