British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I disagree with that comment, Jack Smith has proved he can average 3.00 in the Championship, not the HL Newcastle need, but shouod be able to score a few points.

Jack Smith's aves

2021 1.80 (Glasgow & Plymouth)

2019 3.11 (Redcar)

2018 3.14 (Sheffield)

2017 2.57 (Glasgow)

Compared to Congreave

2022 0.67 (Newcastle)

Least Congreve could stay on for 4 laps at Brough and I would of kept Congreve over Smith any day.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, highside said:

Is there any injury updates on Paul Starke ?

Doesn’t seem to be any communication from the club at all. 
the conflicting report in the speedway star was because the club didn’t provide anything for them to print so someone from the speedway star had to produce a article on their behalf. 

This could be worse than the infamous Mildenhall season. Ok, they have won a meeting but recent performances are absolutely diabolical. 

cant see them finishing the season and certainly cant see them being at the tapes next year

• Like 1

10 hours ago, soupy said:

Least Congreve could stay on for 4 laps at Brough and I would of kept Congreve over Smith any day.

So if riders like Bickley and Procter became immediately available would you like to see these drafted straight in or would  you want to preserver with what you have

Regards 

THJ

7 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So if riders like Bickley and Procter became immediately available would you like to see these drafted straight in or would  you want to preserver with what you have

Regards 

THJ

Put it this way they could not do any worse and something does not feel right at the minute with the club and riders.

So what an absolute shambles that was last night. I can forgive a team for losing to a better one but not one of those lads (Kasper apart) were giving 100%. That may be a tough statement in terms of Lee as he does try but even he seems to have totally lost his way with his home track.

I have tried to be constructive in my posts these last few weeks about where I feel the club can make positive changes, even if it’s difficult to bring new riders in but again we get no management comment either in the stadium or in the press release. The presentation remains poor (and that is not aimed at either Barry or Roy who do their best in the circumstances), the product is shocking and the atmosphere is non existent.

I was first taken to Newcastle in the 70s as a small child and have only missed a hand full of meeting since. I have travelled home and away with the club and spend over a decade volunteering for them. I would classify myself as a speedway nut who would stand for hours just watching a rider practice on track but at this point I feel I have made my final visit to Brough Park to watch this club which is a very sad position to be in. Three generations of my family  attend home meetings at present and not one of us can understand the reason for us sleepwalking into a ultimate demise. The current promotion seem to believe that the only thing they need to do is put on a meeting, that is only one element of running a club and especially when the meeting is of such poor quality then the wider product needs to provide the customers with some value.

There were a number of events last night that have sickened me and I won’t air some of them here for the good of the club but unfortunately the way the club is currently is an embarrassment.

After 40+ years of living for the Diamonds I honestly feel last night was the final chapter for me.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

Here’s the thing I can’t understand, Rob is obviously putting his own money in and good on him, but he can’t be happy loosing matches and revenue the way things are going so why doesn’t he change it and have the prospect of making a profit and a winning team is he just happy throwing money away 

• Like 1

Riders dont help wearing helmets on parade,not coming round on a victory lap,and why oh why do we need to refuel after a false start.

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

To me the team need a change in dynamics whether it on paper looks to strengthen us or not. There appears no team spirit and that is being shown on track with less commitment being shown into the first turn.

Ty and Kyle wouldn’t be my first choice due to the Brough Park record but I would snap your hand off for both if they could come into our side as the reserve pairing (or push James into that spot)

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

And now Proctor and Bickley are available.

Berwick signed a Dane and stoneman, shame we couldn’t get them.

Edited by Gaz

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Good on Berwick for managing to find two riders when apparently there aren’t ANY that want to ride in the UK.

Maybe it’s just how you ask the question and what you offer?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Think Proctor will be out for a while with his neck injuries and how ironic it happened at Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Ask yourself why they wouldn’t go there! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Ask yourself why they wouldn’t go there! 

You tell us as you have the answers?

• Haha 1