British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

55 minutes ago, Viper said:

To me the team need a change in dynamics whether it on paper looks to strengthen us or not. There appears no team spirit and that is being shown on track with less commitment being shown into the first turn.

Ty and Kyle wouldn’t be my first choice due to the Brough Park record but I would snap your hand off for both if they could come into our side as the reserve pairing (or push James into that spot)

A heard 'on the vine' last night about Bickley coming in and, on your point about 'team spirit',,, wasn't it marvellous to see the captain take the point off the new guy? :nono:

Thought it was poor Clegg didn't come round after heat 14, that was the first Newcastle winner wasn't it. I bet the fans would have cheered as if they'd won the league

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, soupy said:

You tell us as you have the answers?

Aye okay son!

Newcastle just exudes negativity right now… the unhappiness of the fans on social media.. the lack of anything official that seems to come from the promotion…. The damaging impact those photos of the track surface from weeks ago will have done… the general chit chat that there will be between riders… wanting to come to a club that has potential to go years into the future… a club that cares about junior development… and it’s been said elsewhere but your race day goes majorly against you getting anyone decent (I mean anyone who has aspirations for Poland)

I don’t know anything that goes on behind closed doors but it’s easy to see Brough ain’t the happiest of places!  What changed over the years I don’t know… the place used to be bouncing! 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, soupy said:

Least Congreve could stay on for 4 laps at Brough and I would of kept Congreve over Smith any day.

Also George can gate a lot quicker than Smith & got in the mix.. Smith was way behind going into the 1st bend & looked like a rabbit in the headlight's.. not knowing what to do! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Aye okay son!

Newcastle just exudes negativity right now… the unhappiness of the fans on social media.. the lack of anything official that seems to come from the promotion…. The damaging impact those photos of the track surface from weeks ago will have done… the general chit chat that there will be between riders… wanting to come to a club that has potential to go years into the future… a club that cares about junior development… and it’s been said elsewhere but your race day goes majorly against you getting anyone decent (I mean anyone who has aspirations for Poland)

I don’t know anything that goes on behind closed doors but it’s easy to see Brough ain’t the happiest of places!  What changed over the years I don’t know… the place used to be bouncing! 

Thanks.I could of not put it any better myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

So if riders like Bickley and Procter became immediately available would you like to see these drafted straight in or would  you want to preserver with what you have

Regards 

THJ

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

And now Proctor and Bickley are available.

Berwick signed a Dane and stoneman, shame we couldn’t get them.

Just like that the Bandits make a couple of changes and so riders become available... next thing you know Aaron Summers will be making a comeback?

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just like that the Bandits make a couple of changes and so riders become available... next thing you know Aaron Summers will be making a comeback?

Regards 

THJ

Heard that whatever they’d offered him hadn’t been enough and he continued to say no… unless things have changed!! 

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Amazing isn’t it !!
I thought he would make a comeback at some point this season with him still being over here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Good on Berwick for managing to find two riders when apparently there aren’t ANY that want to ride in the UK.

Maybe it’s just how you ask the question and what you offer?

Knudsen rides in Poland with Unia Leszno, who often ride on Sunday's.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StevePark said:

He rides in under 24 league which is mid-week. Has yet to appear for Unia Leszno. And Kenyan Rew looks to be their first choice replacement.

So not a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bandits4eva said:

Heard that whatever they’d offered him hadn’t been enough and he continued to say no… unless things have changed!! 

The comeback may not be to the North of England... who knows it's just a thought... Bobby Beaton was spotted at Brough yesterday apparently... he couldn't do any worse than what's there already for sure...

The point is more that Berwick are doing what is deemed to be impossible by signing riders and Newcastle have spoken to EVERYONE allegedly... so ether the ones who they are speaking to are genuinly unavailable or they don't fancy coming to a struggling team or they aren't being offered enough to come...  but like the X Files the truth is out there... if they want to share it...

The other thing against Newcastle and like the football team (possibly for differing reasons) there will now be a premium to pay to get riders here (anyone who would be an improvement that is) and the question is (unlike the football team) are the funds there and available to make a move to the Diamonds look attractive...

Well done to Berwick by the way Jonas is a nice kid just keep him off the Brown Ale as he was getting the taste for it when I met him at Brough a few years back...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Think that excuse is wearing a bit thin Steve because if you don't ask you don't find out... Tero has a Sunday team in Poland but gets over here and if that is an issue like I stated above it might be time to stretch the budget a bit and start paying a bit over the odds making a move to Newcastle financially attractive to these guys or you just stay in the rut... and put up with what you have...

Do you try and scramble up the slippery slope or just give in and slide to the bottom.... like the football team with Ashley and Steve Bruce which was going nowhere fast with a stinking reputation it might be time to change direction and I mean radical change not faffing round the edges to try and pull the thing round...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The comeback may not be to the North of England... who knows it's just a thought... Bobby Beaton was spotted at Brough yesterday apparently... he couldn't do any worse than what's there already for sure...

The point is more that Berwick are doing what is deemed to be impossible by signing riders and Newcastle have spoken to EVERYONE allegedly... so ether the ones who they are speaking to are genuinly unavailable or they don't fancy coming to a struggling team or they aren't being offered enough to come...  but like the X Files the truth is out there... if they want to share it...

The other thing against Newcastle and like the football team (possibly for differing reasons) there will now be a premium to pay to get riders here (anyone who would be an improvement that is) and the question is (unlike the football team) are the funds there and available to make a move to the Diamonds look attractive...

Well done to Berwick by the way Jonas is a nice kid just keep him off the Brown Ale as he was getting the taste for it when I met him at Brough a few years back...

Regards 

THJ

Bit like our other American Brent Werner he liked the Nukey Brown

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

You know Heeps of stuff…

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

You know Heeps of stuff…

Cameron strong arm…