British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

16 minutes ago, mac101 said:

More chance of Oxford giving him 2 bikes and a guarantee than Newcastle 

Maybe they offered 3 bikes, 3 grand and a golden unicorn,,, who really knows?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lewy said:

I did say maybe as I knew this was the case last year,but one or two worrying signs lack of commitment, and poor moral to name a couple. 

Who is your team lewy?

22 minutes ago, lewy said:

I did say maybe as I knew this was the case last year, but one or two worrying signs lack of commitment, and poor moral to name a couple. 

Like a say Lewy am not in the loop anymore and its sad to see...

But what does any business do when it's in trouble...

Regards 

THJ

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Like a say Lewy am not in the loop anymore and its sad to see...

But what does any business do when it's in trouble...

Regards 

THJ

Find a way out of trouble? ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Who is your team lewy?

Plymouth 

2 hours ago, lewy said:

Maybe Newcastles inability to sign riders is because they are not paying the riders they have!!

Watch out,Granty will slip you a dodgy burger on your next visit

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

In that case,(Summers),,,2 bikes and a guaranteed grand not serious enough?

Presumably that's what Oxford have offered? So if that's the going rate then that's what you have to pay. I admit for a rider that is way past his best it seems a lot of money but what else can you do if you're serious about strengthening the team in a world where there are few other realistic opportunities.

Mind, no wonder the sport is going down the pan if bog standard riders are on that sort of money.

• Like 6

While I felt the signing of Smith for Congreave strengthened Newcastle, can't judge Smith on one match against the strongest reserve pairing in the league on form, I would certainly sign Bickley in place of Smith now.

Very harsh to drop a rider after one match, but Newcastle must be desperate to strengthen up & avoid these 30+ home defeats.

I’d very much doubt paying the riders is an issue. Rob seems a sound bloke and on a positive it must unfortunately be the smallest wage bill in the league.

It’s sad times for British Speedway and sometimes you have to admit enough is enough despite what your heart says.

I hope both Newcastle and Birmingham see out the season but you’d have to be crazy to put together a line up for 2023 at either track UNLESS money is no object and you can entice an amazing team of riders who the crowds will flock to see.  Anything less than mediocre, there just seems little point, you wouldn’t keep putting out a blind greyhound to race…….

Jack Smith wise he’ll be firing very soon so I’d stick with him, he from a good stable after all.

Edited by SpeedwayTShirts

8 hours ago, enotian said:

Presumably that's what Oxford have offered? So if that's the going rate then that's what you have to pay. I admit for a rider that is way past his best it seems a lot of money but what else can you do if you're serious about strengthening the team in a world where there are few other realistic opportunities.

Mind, no wonder the sport is going down the pan if bog standard riders are on that sort of money.

No, av no idea what Oxford have offered, maybe more maybe less, that's what Newcastle offered the guy!,,, generally agree with the rest of what you say tho.

Could be a good thing that he turned it down, every cloud n that?,,, was a bit of an excessive offer IMO. :t:

Suppose we know where we stand now, am ready for me track walk. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

6 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

I’d very much doubt paying the riders is an issue. Rob seems a sound bloke and on a positive it must unfortunately be the smallest wage bill in the league.

It’s sad times for British Speedway and sometimes you have to admit enough is enough despite what your heart says.

I hope both Newcastle and Birmingham see out the season but you’d have to be crazy to put together a line up for 2023 at either track UNLESS money is no object and you can entice an amazing team of riders who the crowds will flock to see.  Anything less than mediocre, there just seems little point, you wouldn’t keep putting out a blind greyhound to race…….

Jack Smith wise he’ll be firing very soon so I’d stick with him, he from a good stable after all.

Smith hasn't the time to start firing soon he needs to do it now !! Congreve was at least gating & mixing it into the corners 

44 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, av no idea what Oxford have offered, maybe more maybe less, that's what Newcastle offered the guy!,,, generally agree with the rest of what you say tho.

Could be a good thing that he turned it down, every cloud n that?,,, was a bit of an excessive offer IMO. :t:

Suppose we know where we stand now, am ready for me track walk. ;)

Is that the speedway or dog track 

I'm pretty sure with the talent on this forum, within the next 24 hrs we could have it 100% confirmed by someone's best mates brothers uncle, who knows a man who knows stuff, That Aaron only signed for Oxford because he was being given 12 bikes 23 engines, a penthouse flat in Mayfair, and a couple of Ferraris. It's really the only conclusion you can draw.:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

44 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Smith hasn't the time to start firing soon he needs to do it now !! Congreve was at least gating & mixing it into the corners 

Smith has been riding for years ,he not going to get any better.IMO.

• Like 4