British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

7 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Jack Smith wise he’ll be firing very soon so I’d stick with him, he from a good stable after all.

Jack Smith has been riding professionally since 2015, this is his 8th season and honestly he's gone backwards since he left Birmingham's national league side many years ago. He's not going to be any better in a few weeks than he was on Sunday, none of his previous visits to Brough show otherwise either, he was a very strange signing...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

No, av no idea what Oxford have offered, maybe more maybe less, that's what Newcastle offered the guy!,,, generally agree with the rest of what you say tho.

Could be a good thing that he turned it down, every cloud n that?,,, was a bit of an excessive offer IMO. :t:

Suppose we know where we stand now, am ready for me track walk. ;)

If it comes to a track walk i think this one would definitely be the last

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Aaron, who is at Berwick every week, retired  last season with the club's blessing.        Had there been a long-term injury to one of their higher-average riders, he might well have come back as an injury replacement (as he has done for Oxford) but the gaps Berwick had to fill are at reserve, his average is over 6.

Money wouldn't have changed his average!

Oh really, never heard of riders averages being re assessed by the BSPL then.

Nothing is off the table in this sport.

8 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

I’d very much doubt paying the riders is an issue. Rob seems a sound bloke and on a positive it must unfortunately be the smallest wage bill in the league.

It’s sad times for British Speedway and sometimes you have to admit enough is enough despite what your heart says.

I hope both Newcastle and Birmingham see out the season but you’d have to be crazy to put together a line up for 2023 at either track UNLESS money is no object and you can entice an amazing team of riders who the crowds will flock to see.  Anything less than mediocre, there just seems little point, you wouldn’t keep putting out a blind greyhound to race…….

Jack Smith wise he’ll be firing very soon so I’d stick with him, he from a good stable after all.

Jack Smith “ a good stable” .It means he has all the right gear ,unfortunately can’t use it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Is that the speedway or dog track 

'The dog track'???,,, we'll be partying well into the night after that mate, be glad to see the back of it. Av walked it that many times, a could tell you how many grains of sand is on it! ;)

36 minutes ago, Winditon said:

If it comes to a track walk i think this one would definitely be the last

Maybe it was the end last time and, we've been on end of life care since?,,, once the spirit is gone, is it really worth carrying on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

'The dog track'???,,, we'll be partying well into the night after that mate, be glad to see the back of it. Av walked it that many times, a could tell you how many grains of sand is on it! ;)

I'll fetch the Shandy's 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Jack Smith “ a good stable” .It means he has all the right gear ,unfortunately can’t use it.

Maybe at belle Vue ( 1 track pony )

30 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Maybe at belle Vue ( 1 track pony )

Even that is at NDL level.

• Like 1

Is there going to be team changes ? Also very quiet on the Paul Starke injury very strange .

14 minutes ago, highside said:

Is there going to be team changes ? Also very quiet on the Paul Starke injury very strange .

Think Diamonds fans are looking for something that isn't there with Paul.

He is genuinely out injured as he isn't riding for Ipswich either so he isn't earning

Easy to forget he suffered two badly broken wrists just two seasons ago which have obviously been weakened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Think Diamonds fans are looking for something that isn't there with Paul.

He is genuinely out injured as he isn't riding for Ipswich either so he isn't earning

Easy to forget he suffered two badly broken wrists just two seasons ago which have obviously been weakened.

Maybe he's not earning even when he is riding??

51 minutes ago, highside said:

According to our manager on the BSN STREAM interview on Sunday there's rider getting signed my mate tells me who watched the stream

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Although I'm not in the loop anymore what you say may have been the case last season but I doubt that's the case  this year... from the riders I speak to and not just those at the club... they get paid... and on time...  the fear factor with them is that if they don't get paid for a period (which could happen) and then the club goes pop and because quite a few have been in that predicament in the past with other clubs folding its disastrous for them... and they dont want to take the risk...

Over the past few years the club's reputation with riders has been trashed and Grant inherited that... Plymouth were in the same boat a few years back but they have shaken that off now... Grant needs to do the same and build the confidence with the riders so the club becomes a team that riders actually want to come to and ride for...

It can be done but I'm not sure Grant has the cash or the people skills to pull it round... hope I'm proved wrong and he can get things on an even keel but it will take some doing...and may need a change of tac with different personnel and management skills being deployed...

Here's hoping...

Regards 

THJ

The club need a public face, someone who can engage in all aspect of the club. As I have said before, the club lacks leaders and unless this is rectified very quickly I can sadly only see one outcome.

We have just been thrashed at home for the second consecutive meeting and we still have had no comment from the promotion. This isn’t just a speedway thing, it’s key to any successful business that you keep you customers on side. The silence just adds to the frustration of the fans and will only add to the huge gulf that is being forged between the promotion and the fan base.

Sadly, I can only see the current status quo for the remainder of the season.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

According to our manager on the BSN STREAM interview on Sunday there's rider getting signed my mate tells me who watched the stream

I seen some of interviews when I got home, he never said that from what I remember.

He said a rider they had been trying to get had just became available so would be looking into that. 
It could all boil down to finances offered etc, but fingers crossed.