British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

21 minutes ago, ch958 said:

there must be Czech, German, Danish boys who don't ride in Poland

Oh there are but would the Diamonds be able to pay what they probably want or would they want to come to race with a struggling team?

Sadly riding in the UK does not carry the prestige it once did.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Oh there are but would the Diamonds be able to pay what they probably want or would they want to come to race with a struggling team?

Sadly riding in the UK does not carry the prestige it once did.

And by the time work permits were sorted out the season (for Newcastle at least) would be almost over.

Smetana?

23 minutes ago, arnieg said:

And by the time work permits were sorted out the season (for Newcastle at least) would be almost over.

Smetana?

ah, work permits - the Brexit bonus

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

1 Dane I can think of who was getting better in 2019 until he was dropped for ostergaard was buchave ( if he'd come back I'm sure he would do a job of a 2nd string/reserve.. but who for tho 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

32 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

1 Dane I can think of who was getting better in 2019 until he was dropped for ostergaard was buchave ( if he'd come back I'm sure he would do a job of a 2nd string/reserve.. but who for tho 

I like Bukhave

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I like Bukhave

What red blooded male doesn’t ! Oops..just checked the Japanese spelling…move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I've just watched back the diamonds v monarchs 2nd leg of the ko cup meeting in 2019 ( cracking meeting ) 

14 hours ago, arnieg said:

Smetana?

Haven't Berwick and Birmingham both had help from Glasgow to get riders in though? So it can be done!

17 hours ago, ch958 said:

But to convince one to come over here for half a season ain't easy. If they don't have everything set up in the uk, they need to get 2 more bikes, engines to suit, van, mechanic, somewhere to stay etc. A complete new set up. which they can't use anywhere else during the season. Riding the the UK is a big commitment ££ for the first time for the rider.  But a Dane, Czech, or German lad can easily pick up extra meetings in Europe using the same kit they have at the moment. That's the biggest issue before you even start getting into Visas etc

• Like 5

14 hours ago, wtf said:

But to convince one to come over here for half a season ain't easy. If they don't have everything set up in the uk, they need to get 2 more bikes, engines to suit, van, mechanic, somewhere to stay etc. A complete new set up. which they can't use anywhere else during the season. Riding the the UK is a big commitment ££ for the first time for the rider.  But a Dane, Czech, or German lad can easily pick up extra meetings in Europe using the same kit they have at the moment. That's the biggest issue before you even start getting into Visas etc

I have a spare room, in fact I have two. Also  a garage / workshop  for bikes and can help with visas 

all rob needs to do is pay a salary. I’d put up any foreign rider for free. 

offer to the promotion at Newcastle if they want to explore it 

they won’t tho 

Edited by Diamond geezer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

I have a spare room, in fact I have two. Also  a garage / workshop  for bikes and can help with visas 

all rob needs to do is pay a salary. I’d put up any foreign rider for free. 

offer to the promotion at Newcastle if they want to explore it 

they won’t tho 

Although am not a member of the promotion, is that offer only open to foreign speedway riders?

I know of two that could do with a little holiday and, are dogs allowed? ;)