British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

33 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

The Courtney promotion connection between Berwick and Oxford most probably.

The Crump effect!!!!

36 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

So jealous of oxford signing summers. 

Think your Promotion frighten most riders off.Summers just lives up the rode and rides Newcastle well.

• Like 1

How come Berwick can sign a Dane but Newcastle cannot, maybe they should bring in Kyle Buckley

43 minutes ago, HectorRacing said:

So jealous of oxford signing summers. 

Not a fan of Aaron but same... Never thought I'd be jealous of Summers signing elsewhere... That's how low we've sunk.

Best we can do is replace Jack with Kyle Bickley, but in all honesty that's not much better either. Wonder if Nathan Greaves might come back... Lots of returning riders from the past this year, I always rated him at reserve... I feel really bad for George, yes I'd have replaced him, but only with a big hitter, if it was just for Jack Smith then no chance, give George the rest of the year and see where we stand in terms of signing him for next season (assuming there is one...)

I would do a full team shake up if possible, only keeping Max and James. Starkey has proved quite unreliable and the only other one I'd have kept (Matty) is injured...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norfolk Bear said:

How come Berwick can sign a Dane but Newcastle cannot, maybe they should bring in Kyle Buckley

We have our license now to sign foreign riders...

Plenty of young'uns to try in Denmark, who we could trial for next season, like we did with Kenni and Rene...

How about we bring in something like Lasse Bjerre and Kenneth Hansen for Lee and injured Matty (hear me out) and then a young Dane for Jack and go with something like...

I thought we'd been well backed with money for this year, where the hell has it all gone!!???

1. Bradley Waste of space Dean R/R - Guests (Not ideal I know)

2. Lasse Bjerre (Victor Palovaara??)

3. Kenneth Hansen (Victor Palovaara??)

4. Max Clegg

5. Paul Starke

6. One of many young Dane's who are kicking about (Victor Palovaara/Kyle Bickley??)

7. James Wright

Have Victor, Lasse, Kenneth, the Danish market all been tried??

Another thing is, how serious is Starkey's injury, does he even have one? I have no idea when or where he got injured, or is he 'sick' again... I've been a bit surprised by him this year pulling out of so many injuries with food poisoning etc, was it genuine? Or has he just been unlucky many times this year...

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

How about we bring in something like Lasse Bjerre and Kenneth Hansen for Lee and injured Matty (hear me out) and then a young Dane for Jack and go with something like...

I thought we'd been well backed with money for this year, where the hell has it all gone!!???

4. Max Clegg

5. Paul Starke

6. One of many young Dane's who are kicking about (Victor Palovaara/Kyle Bickley??)

7. James Wright

Another thing is, how serious is Starkey's injury, does he even have one? I have no idea when or where he got injured, or is he 'sick' again... I've been a bit surprised by him this year pulling out of so many injuries with food poisoning etc, was it genuine? Or has he just been unlucky many times this year...

Starke is not riding for Ipswich either,so assume he is injured

12 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

4. Max Clegg

5. Paul Starke

7. James Wright

Totally agree 10-20 years ago the Dane who went to Berwick today would of been recommended and came to us, same with Basso last year.

We had to go down that direction and yet we signed Jack Smith.. unbelievable!

Totally agree about the money also as had some good sponsorship this year.

Edited by Gaz

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Starke is not riding for Ipswich either,so assume he is injured

Hope he gets better soon, honestly I was delighted when we signed him, one of my favourite riders, but he must have missed more than half of our meetings this year, or am I imagining that :blink:

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Totally agree 10-20 years ago the Dane who went to Berwick today would of been recommended and came to us, same with Basso last year.

It's depressing how far we've slipped up in the last 3 or 4 years... We're the laughing stock of the whole country where once we were one of the biggest, not even that long ago either

• Like 1

What's happened to the lad at Redcar Jonas B Anderson? Or lad rode for us back end of 2019 Mikkel B Andersen think was his name. Doubt either good enough for Poland, and nights not score you barrow loads of points but might score 6/7 and 5/6 a meeting 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What's happened to the lad at Redcar Jonas B Anderson? Or lad rode for us back end of 2019 Mikkel B Andersen think was his name. Doubt either good enough for Poland, and nights not score you barrow loads of points but might score 6/7 and 5/6 a meeting 

Retired.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

We have our license now to sign foreign riders...

Plenty of young'uns to try in Denmark, who we could trial for next season, like we did with Kenni and Rene...

That's the problem though isn't it.  Next season they'll want to be free to ride in Poland on a Sunday even if they don't actually end up getting any matches.

Also these new Dane's won't come in and and score like Kenni or Rene did (apart from Birkemose).  They'll be 5 pointers which is decent and better than what we've got but won't hang about to become future heat leaders. If they do they'll deffo get rides in Poland.

Again I'm not defending the promotion because Summers to Oxford tells you everything you need to know about how serious an effort has been made to improve the team. 

11 hours ago, Jaizer said:

MBA ?! You must be joking the guy was useless for Glasgow, probably cost them the play offs. 

Edited by Beirao
Correction

49 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Basso even has Richard Juul as a mechanic, it should've been the easiest deal ever. Total mess.

• Like 1