British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

Maybe Newcastles inability to sign riders is because they are not paying the riders they have!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

Maybe Newcastles inability to sign riders is because they are not paying the riders they have!!

Or not wanting to pay any more for said riders

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

next thing you know Aaron Summers will be making a comeback?

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The comeback may not be to the North of England... who knows it's just a thought... 

3 hours ago, wtf said:

Indeed :D but not where you would expect

Honestly

It was expected... just like his Kevlars and main Sponsorship on his bike covers will be shockers!!! (If you pardon the pun)

Regards 

THJ

Just wondering why everyone is wondering why Summers has gone to Oxford & not Newcastle, where in my eyes why hasn’t he gone to Berwick? On the doorstep and both promoted by the person. If it’s all money related then Oxford are paying more than Berwick & Newcastle 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, enotian said:

Again I'm not defending the promotion because Summers to Oxford tells you everything you need to know about how serious an effort has been made to improve the team. 

In that case,(Summers),,,2 bikes and a guaranteed grand not serious enough?

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

Maybe somebody is winding you up? :t:

9 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Just wondering why everyone is wondering why Summers has gone to Oxford & not Newcastle, where in my eyes why hasn’t he gone to Berwick? On the doorstep and both promoted by the person. If it’s all money related then Oxford are paying more than Berwick & Newcastle 

Aaron, who is at Berwick every week, retired  last season with the club's blessing.        Had there been a long-term injury to one of their higher-average riders, he might well have come back as an injury replacement (as he has done for Oxford) but the gaps Berwick had to fill are at reserve, his average is over 6.

Money wouldn't have changed his average!

Edited by crescent girl

9 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Maybe they are,,, hopefully they're crowds still keep on coming, cos ad think they've a few big earners in there?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Aaron, who is at Berwick every week, retired  last season with the club's blessing.        Had there been a long-term injury to one of their higher-average riders, he might well have come back as an injury replacement (as he has done for Oxford) but the gaps Berwick had to fill are at reserve, his average is over 6.

Money wouldn't have changed his average!

Fair enough, haven’t looked at Averages etc, just thought the nearer option would have been better, but obviously he wouldn’t fit

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

So if your saying he was offered 2 bikes and a guaranteed £1000 per meeting which sounds like a great deal to me, the fact that he turned that down to go to Oxford says a lot 

33 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Two Swallows do not make a summer lol

17 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

So if your saying he was offered 2 bikes and a guaranteed £1000 per meeting which sounds like a great deal to me, the fact that he turned that down to go to Oxford says a lot 

Aye, a suppose it does.

11 minutes ago, soupy said:

Two Swallows do not make a summer lol

Al have to look that one up? :t:

Aye, a suppose your right,,, happens all the time, a wouldn't worry about it!,,, every cloud n that? 

Edited by ruffdiamond

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe not :t:

48 minutes ago, lewy said:

Although I'm not in the loop anymore what you say may have been the case last season but I doubt that's the case  this year... from the riders I speak to and not just those at the club... they get paid... and on time...  the fear factor with them is that if they don't get paid for a period (which could happen) and then the club goes pop and because quite a few have been in that predicament in the past with other clubs folding its disastrous for them... and they dont want to take the risk...

Over the past few years the club's reputation with riders has been trashed and Grant inherited that... Plymouth were in the same boat a few years back but they have shaken that off now... Grant needs to do the same and build the confidence with the riders so the club becomes a team that riders actually want to come to and ride for...

It can be done but I'm not sure Grant has the cash or the people skills to pull it round... hope I'm proved wrong and he can get things on an even keel but it will take some doing...and may need a change of tac with different personnel and management skills being deployed...

Here's hoping...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

More chance of Oxford giving him 2 bikes and a guarantee than Newcastle 

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Although I'm not in the loop anymore what you say may have been the case last season but I doubt that's the case  this year... from the riders I speak to and not just those at the club... they get paid... and on time...  the fear factor with them is that if they don't get paid for a period (which could happen) and then the club goes pop and because quite a few have been in that predicament in the past with other clubs folding its disastrous for them... and they dont want to take the risk...

Over the past few years the club's reputation with riders has been trashed and Grant inherited that... Plymouth were in the same boat a few years back but they have shaken that off now... Grant needs to do the same and build the confidence with the riders so the club becomes a team that riders actually want to come to and ride for...

It can be done but I'm not sure Grant has the cash or the people skills to pull it round... hope I'm proved wrong and he can get things on an even keel but it will take some doing...and may need a change of tac with different personnel and management skills being deployed...

Here's hoping...

Regards 

THJ

I did say maybe as I knew this was the case last year,but one or two worrying signs lack of commitment, and poor moral to name a couple.