British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

Feel really sorry for Bickley, surely they must have known this was on the cards when they signed him.

Talk about getting kicked when you are down

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Looks like it's true...

Where have yous heard this news??? I'm devastated... Is that the complete end to the Diamonds? We are no more? Gone forever? Or do we have chance to come back to the tapes next season? Under new promotors (if they're out there)

11 hours ago, StevePark said:

Sunday's team news (vs Poole).  Matty Wethers and Paul Starke return and Lewi Kerr guests at number one.

Not now it isn't steve

16 hours ago, Fina said:

Feel really sorry for Bickley, surely they must have known this was on the cards when they signed him.

Talk about getting kicked when you are down

Rob rang me on Saturday lunchtime to get my Magazine column done early for the Poole match and didn't give any hints this was happening then!

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

Rob rang me on Saturday lunchtime to get my Magazine column done early for the Poole match and didn't give any hints this was happening then!

You were obviously used and expendable, your white knighting of Grant was admirable but obviously misguided. He’s sh*te on you also.

There are now 7 former Newcastle riders looking for new team places and the first thing other clubs will be checking is their averages. Are their latest GSAs the most relevant? When Eastbourne recently folded their team results were expunged from the seasons records and associated match points were scrubbed. Rider stats for meetings involving Eastbourne were also discarded I believe. On this basis, if meetings involving Newcastle technically no longer exist, Newcastle have effectively not ridden this season and their riders averages would revert back to the original team building averages in place at the start of the season?

Can someone please shed some light?

24 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

There are now 7 former Newcastle riders looking for new team places and the first thing other clubs will be checking is their averages. Are their latest GSAs the most relevant? When Eastbourne recently folded their team results were expunged from the seasons records and associated match points were scrubbed. Rider stats for meetings involving Eastbourne were also discarded I believe. On this basis, if meetings involving Newcastle technically no longer exist, Newcastle have effectively not ridden this season and their riders averages would revert back to the original team building averages in place at the start of the season?

Think you should give the BSPL some credit, it's only been 2 full days since Newcastle closed and it's only the umpteenth time a club has closed midseason. You can't expect them to have a process for this.

32 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

On this basis, if meetings involving Newcastle technically no longer exist, Newcastle have effectively not ridden this season and their riders averages would revert back to the original team building averages in place at the start of the season?

A wish a could go back to last year, this year would have been different, a think? :blink:

So, can we just erase the last 4 months from our hard drives?

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Think you should give the BSPL some credit, it's only been 2 full days since Newcastle closed and it's only the umpteenth time a club has closed midseason. You can't expect them to have a process for this.

In fact, there is a formula.   While Newcastle's team points are expunged (great word!) from the records, the riders' averages are maintained.  This is true for the ex-Diamonds going elsewhere and riders who have raced in Newcastle matches.

I believe there might be post-season adjustments, but for the rest of the year, no-one's averages will be affected by the removal of Newcastle team results.

8 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

In fact, there is a formula.   While Newcastle's team points are expunged (great word!) from the records, the riders' averages are maintained.  This is true for the ex-Diamonds going elsewhere and riders who have raced in Newcastle matches.

I believe there might be post-season adjustments, but for the rest of the year, no-one's averages will be affected by the removal of Newcastle team results.

That's good, at least someone knows (or is willing to keep fans updated)!

SEASON TICKET REFUND INFORMATION

Newcastle Speedway have issued information about their plans to refund monies back to their season ticket holders with there being five outstanding Championship matches and three outstanding Summer Trophy meetings, totalling eight to be sent back to the supporters.

Club owner Rob Grant said: "We will be starting the refunds of our season tickets towards the back end of next week in a procedure which will take a few weeks to complete once we're taking in funds from our other businesses.

"If you pre-booked your season ticket via the TryBooking online site, then this will be automatically refunded to your account without having to do anything. If, on the other hand, you purchased your season ticket by issuing a cheque, then to help the process along, could you contact us via our website email address, info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk , so we can discuss the way you'd like to receive your refund.

"Also, I'd like to ask again if anyone out there has any interest in taking on Newcastle Speedway for the future, then please don't delay and contact us on the same info@newcastle-speedway.co.uk to start a discussion, to be fair as soon as possible for logistical purposes before we have to start moving on our assets. So please drop us an email without delay."