British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

39 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

If not, has anyone got any rumours or hints at our final signing? Cant wait to find out who it is... :)

Pointswise with George being on a 4 apparently, we would have just about 6pts (depends on the %age reduction applied to other riders) so the likes of Kyle Newman would fit. Had we gone with Archie on a 2 we could have had someone like Ritchie W. :(   Imagine heats 13 and 15 with a Ritchie and Bradley Dean our representatives. 

22 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Pointswise with George being on a 4 apparently, we would have just about 6pts (depends on the %age reduction applied to other riders) so the likes of Kyle Newman would fit. Had we gone with Archie on a 2 we could have had someone like Ritchie W. :(   Imagine heats 13 and 15 with a Ritchie and Bradley Dean our representatives. 

Stop having an opinion, you know it’s not allowed. Lol:D

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The way the rumours are going about Richie agreeing to join this team then changing his mind I’m glad we didn’t.

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I doubt Richie would have chosen us over Leicester anyway... I am happy with the team we've got so far, a nice 3rd heat leader or number 4 to team up with Starkey will do me... I calculate we have 6.51 left, but see no obvious signings near that average... The only riders I can think of are mid to high 5s, and it would be a shame to waste nearly a whole point... Kyle Newman is the obvious name that springs to mind, but he ain't as strong of a 3rd heat leader as I'd like us to sign...

7 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Stop having an opinion, you know it’s not allowed. Lol:D

I get the feeling that there's a lot of 'drama' going on behind closed doors up there... What a shame, I thought things were becoming more positive...

Tero is very close to fitting if we have around 6.5 and there are adjustments for the Eastbourne situation. Needs to sort his visa according to other threads

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Brough Diamond said:

Tero is very close to fitting if we have around 6.5 and there are adjustments for the Eastbourne situation. Needs to sort his visa according to other threads

Now that would be the signing I'd like to see :)

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Max Clegg

3. Tero Aarnio

4. Paul Starke

5. Matthew Wethers

6. George Congreve

7. James Wright

So much depth and an alright number 1 and 5 for a change

33 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Now that would be the signing I'd like to see :)

1. Bradley Wilson Dean

2. Max Clegg

3. Tero Aarnio

4. Paul Starke

5. Matthew Wethers

6. George Congreve

7. James Wright

So much depth and an alright number 1 and 5 for a change

Tero is Scunny bound

• Sad 1

Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen on 6.34?

10 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Tero is Scunny bound

Doesn't sound like he's very wanted by some of the Scunthorpe fanbase though?

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen on 6.34?

Returned to Denmark for personal reasons I'm lead to believe, or else he'd be the obvious choice (if not at Berwick)

Nick Skorja has today signed for Rawicz alongside BWD... Wonder if they fancy catching the same flights to and from Poland? :D

6 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

If not, has anyone got any rumours or hints at our final signing? Cant wait to find out who it is... :)

Yip but sworn to sealed lips

5 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Yip but sworn to sealed lips

But the final signing is complete? And ready to announce soon?

Is it a familiar face or a new one?

Don't think the team is much better than this season, IMO bwd will be on par with Barker alot will depend on the new kid. But hope Rob gets the support from the fans. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Don't think the team is much better than this season, IMO bwd will be on par with Barker alot will depend on the new kid. But hope Rob gets the support from the fans. 

What average will they young new Zealanders come in on?