Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

7 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Has anyone got any details about season tickets? The only links on the tickets part of the website are to  a Bach oratorio and a school reunion...

Thanks.

Maybe 'pm' NSSG on here and they'll point you in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

I believe season ticket applications for all clubs will not be available til after the AGM on 7th December when it will (hopefully) be clearer as to which teams will be taking their League place in 2022 and therefore how many fixtures the season ticket will cover.

• Thanks 2

Seen a couple videos of George Congreve online... Looks pretty quick, although he was on the track (big, wide open one) by himself, and everyone looks quick on their own... Hope he gets the opportunity to look at the track at least before the first meeting... Interesting to see how BWD returns to British speedway too... Eastbourne is a very similar shaped track to Brough and he rode there successfully for long enough... Fingers crossed both can hit the ground running... If George turns out to be a really good find then him and Wright or Clegg at reserve could be unbeatable... It all comes down to who our final signing is... I really hope it's an interesting and strong name... Will it be announced at the Christmas do? I'm looking forward to hearing more!! This team could be a team of seven 7 pointers!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched BWD and George Congrieve at Ronnie Moore Park yesterday.

BWD started with an EF but won his other races by 40-50m. He also rode in the Flat Tracker class so he had 10 or more rides on the day. George looked as good as I've seen him winning all his races that didn't feature Bradley and passing Andy Aldridge in his first heat. I think Andy rode for Bournemouth and Rye House in the National League back in the day. I'm a little more optimistic George can make a success of his venture with Newcastle.

Speedway NZ have already cancelled all of the National Champs so I don't know how much more practice they are going to get for the rest of the southern summer.

I don't honestly believe George Congrieve will make it in the British Championship league. The competition in NZ is not great once you get beyond BWD.

Andrew Aldridge who tried NL then went home Bradley Andrews the same result Ryan Terry Daley another of the same standard. I hope he makes it but I have serious doubts 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hawkeyenz said:

Watched BWD and George Congrieve at Ronnie Moore Park yesterday.

BWD started with an EF but won his other races by 40-50m. He also rode in the Flat Tracker class so he had 10 or more rides on the day. George looked as good as I've seen him winning all his races that didn't feature Bradley and passing Andy Aldridge in his first heat. I think Andy rode for Bournemouth and Rye House in the National League back in the day. I'm a little more optimistic George can make a success of his venture with Newcastle.

Speedway NZ have already cancelled all of the National Champs so I don't know how much more practice they are going to get for the rest of the southern summer.

As long as they stay away from sheep paddocks

4 hours ago, Technik said:

I don't honestly believe George Congrieve will make it in the British Championship league. The competition in NZ is not great once you get beyond BWD.

Andrew Aldridge who tried NL then went home Bradley Andrews the same result Ryan Terry Daley another of the same standard. I hope he makes it but I have serious doubts 

Think he will struggle at Brough given the size of tracks he has been brought up on.Wish him the best of luck though.4 pt average is a big target IMO.

Whit is his gating like? A good gater can probably make a 4 point average at Brough.

Edited by Chewbacca

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Think he will struggle at Brough given the size of tracks he has been brought up on.Wish him the best of luck though.4 pt average is a big target IMO.

Hopefully he'll have Bruce cribb with him for a while & he should be able to hold a 3 point average which means he'll drop a point which I'd be happy with ( let's give the kid a chance ) 

Either way... He's the junior reserve so he doesn't have much pressure from the get go... However, if he truly is a very underwhelming signing, then I'm sure Rob won't carry any extra weight he doesn't want to... I hope he turns out good, comparing him to other New Zealaders is a bit silly, just because they were second best at the time and he is second best now... Let's just hope he's up to it, having his mate BWD in the team may help? Maybe that was part of BWD's terms, I'll sign if you give my mate here a chance to prove himself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Hopefully he'll have Bruce cribb with him for a while & he should be able to hold a 3 point average which means he'll drop a point which I'd be happy with ( let's give the kid a chance ) 

He won't be able to go below a 4

I remember how poor David Bargh and Mark Thorpe were when they first came over to Newcastle but soon settled Into great riders

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, pablo133 said:

I remember how poor David Bargh and Mark Thorpe were when they first came over to Newcastle but soon settled Into great riders

The late Wayne Brown was same for us at Berwick nothing for 2/3 seasons then bang

• Like 2