British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

2 hours ago, Brough Diamond said:

Who knows, maybe they are waiting for George to confirm his British Patriality which will give us more points to play with?

The press release suggested he has British Heritage. A rider might be signed but he can’t be an official signing unless the paperwork is cleared. 

Hmmm, interesting...

43 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

THG might know? However he has been very quiet on this thread for quite some time...........

Not sure tbh?

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

THG might know? However he has been very quiet on this thread for quite some time...........

I wonder why :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Think he is loving life over on the west coast as posting a lot on the Workington thread :)

On 12/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, Diamonds85 said:

Would be happy with a completely new face also. A brand new rider to these shores. Are we allowed to sign Nick Skorja or Ondrej Smetana again. Preferably Nick.

Did Poole not have problems with Smetana ( visa issues ) this season so I highly doubt he will become a diamond & I don't know what skorjas average is !! If it's over 6 ponts we won't be able to fit him in 

59 minutes ago, Neila said:

Think he is loving life over on the west coast as posting a lot on the Workington thread :)

Topping his tan up on the west coast on his belly as he's got to have the 4 corner notted hanky on his head 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Did Poole not have problems with Smetana ( visa issues ) this season so I highly doubt he will become a diamond & I don't know what skorjas average is !! If it's over 6 ponts we won't be able to fit him in 

Well it was going to be 4.00 assessed last year? But what leagues did he ride in 2021? Will it be 5.00 now? Either way we can fit him in and he would easily up that average??? Just permit issues... are slovenians easier than Czechs? :D

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Well it was going to be 4.00 assessed last year? But what leagues did he ride in 2021? Will it be 5.00 now? Either way we can fit him in and he would easily up that average??? Just permit issues... are slovenians easier than Czechs? :D

He rode for Opole Landshut in Polish Lge 2

Edited by arnieg

37 minutes ago, arnieg said:

He rode for Opole Landshut in Polish Lge 2

I'm guessing that counts as one of the leagues where he'd be a 5.00 rather than a 4.00 then? No idea, only just heard of that for the first time yesterday

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'm guessing that counts as one of the leagues where he'd be a 5.00 rather than a 4.00 then? No idea, only just heard of that for the first time yesterday

Didn’t both of them sign originally on a 5pt assessed before covid?

49 minutes ago, Redtruck said:

Didn’t both of them sign originally on a 5pt assessed before covid?

I'm sure Nick was a 4.00 and Ondrej was a 5.00. But that may be different if they were signed now. Im not sure?

11 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Topping his tan up on the west coast on his belly as he's got to have the 4 corner notted hanky on his head 

The sun's not that big to touch that belly :D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'm sure Nick was a 4.00 and Ondrej was a 5.00. But that may be different if they were signed now. Im not sure?

Just off the 2020 confirmed signings in the forum 

585E6F15-EC79-4797-AE50-97C1A1BF4E71.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Redtruck said:

Just off the 2020 confirmed signings in the forum 

585E6F15-EC79-4797-AE50-97C1A1BF4E71.jpeg

So he was :t: I think my memory is mixing us and Edinburgh around come to think of it. They were going to have two new riders one being 4.00 and one being 5.00. I think that's where I'm thinking about... We must have both been 5.00 :) Either way, Nick fits and I think would make a brilliant number 4, partner him with the Ironman

Two riders our final signing won't be now is Ashley Morris (signed for Birmingham) and Kyle Newman (Pretty much signed for Birmingham). There's barely anyone left on a sensible average!! Are we going to be 3 points under again? Or am I missing someone obvious...This final rider makes or breaks our team imo, so I am so keen to find out who he is :) I just hope it's an average above James'

Just looking at the averages from last year again... Sam Jensen or Paco Castagna look like the best of what's left to me... Dunno much about Sam tbh, but Paco would be nice, not sure how he rides around Brough tbh? But he's a very entertaining rider. Not the strongest of signings though, but still... An entertainer, especially if he swapped with James and went to reserve.

Edited by Diamonds85

16 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

So he was :t: I think my memory is mixing us and Edinburgh around come to think of it. They were going to have two new riders one being 4.00 and one being 5.00. I think that's where I'm thinking about... We must have both been 5.00 :) Either way, Nick fits and I think would make a brilliant number 4, partner him with the Ironman

Two riders our final signing won't be now is Ashley Morris (signed for Birmingham) and Kyle Newman (Pretty much signed for Birmingham). There's barely anyone left on a sensible average!! Are we going to be 3 points under again? Or am I missing someone obvious...This final rider makes or breaks our team imo, so I am so keen to find out who he is :) I just hope it's an average above James'

Just looking at the averages from last year again... Sam Jensen or Paco Castagna look like the best of what's left to me... Dunno much about Sam tbh, but Paco would be nice, not sure how he rides around Brough tbh? But he's a very entertaining rider. Not the strongest of signings though, but still... An entertainer, especially if he swapped with James and went to reserve.

sam jensen is not doing uk next year 

25 minutes ago, mac101 said:

sam jensen is not doing uk next year 

That's a shame :( Any particular reason? Or just personal ones that's no one's business...