British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

21 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Would be great to see him back on a bike. But I imagine that's long gone now? Would be an interesting number 2. Ellis Perks is another who would be cool to see come back, I know there was whispers of it last year and he would fit...

Perks supposed to have retired as is the word on josh bates aswell

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

What nights do Newcastle race on?

Sunday

Could/ would Jordan Stewart be able to or want to ride for Newcastle. Second in his state final over the weekend so must be getting his fitness back. Young enough and on the rise, just has to get his head around the track

9 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Could/ would Jordan Stewart be able to or want to ride for Newcastle. Second in his state final over the weekend so must be getting his fitness back. Young enough and on the rise, just has to get his head around the track

Seemed to get his head around the track on his last visit. 

What happened to the last rider that Rob talked about who would bring the team strength close to the points limit and be challenging for honours, or did I dream that.

Could have said it before he had his arm twisted to take George and is now paying the price of only getting upto a 6.50 rider, and less clout in heats 13 and 15 again. 

15 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

What happened to the last rider that Rob talked about who would bring the team strength close to the points limit and be challenging for honours, or did I dream that.

Could have said it before he had his arm twisted to take George and is now paying the price of only getting upto a 6.50 rider, and less clout in heats 13 and 15 again. 

Who says he had his arm twisted?

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It appears to be One of Rob’s major downfalls, his press releases are comical at best.  A good PR person would be a good signing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

There will be someone out there but it depends on what kind a deal they want !! Can't see our promotion having there eyes ripped out 

Depends if they put the begging bucket out, but never ask how the finances are, it’s none of anyone’s business.

2 hours ago, Biffa said:

in short….NO.

Seems to be 1 or 2 negative posts towards Rob & the promotion in the last hour or so & it's not even Xmas yet.... Whoever comes in as our last rider at least it's a bit better than this season's team & we'll have a proper 1 & 5 in ht 13 

42 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

“Our final rider will, I can say now, be a rider with an average that will keep us close to the new points limit, and this also means we have a solid team with strength-in-depth the key that we believe will gain us success on track. They will be a team of entertainers, a team who all want to race for us and get us, and our fans triumphs to cheer from day one to the end of October. 2022 is going to be a year to remember at Brough Park!”

You didn't dream it.  Plus it was part of the same press release which announced Wilson Dean and Congreve so no arm twisting has occurred post the assertion of being close to the points limit.

A couple of things could have happened post the press release. 1. Congreve as a 4.00 instead of a 2.00 or 2. the points limit is different to what was expected.

At the time I thought the statement inferred that the 7th rider was signed.  But with hindsight it sounds aspirational more than anything.  

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

The quote from Rob that the last man would take us very close to the points limit was actually part of the clubs press release about Bradley and George signing for next season so the team structure shouldn’t have caused an issue as the other 6 were all in place at the time. It is strange that nothing has been mentioned in subsequent club press releases about a signing or even what is happening with the last spot despite it previously been highlighted to the fans but hopefully we will find out soon.

The last spot is a very interesting signing and it appears through the recent interview with George for a NZ newspaper that the club still do not have the facility to act as ‘sponsors’ for new foreign riders coming to the UK and this will only reduce the size of the rider pool we have to pick from for the all important last spot (should we not already have this in place).

https://www.odt.co.nz/star-news/star-sport/young-canterbury-speedway-rider-following-ivan-mauger’s-tyre-tracks-uk

Fingers crossed we have someone ready to be announced in time for Christmas.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:43 PM, Diamonds85 said:

Just trying to think of names that would fit rather than suggesting names who are clearly 2 or 3 points too high like what normally happens... got any ideas? :)

So it’s Lee Complin!

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

So it’s Lee Complin!

I'll go with Lee. Just hope he is up for it and not so throttle happy. It's Brough not BV.  Wishing him the best of luck.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, enotian said:

“Our final rider will, I can say now, be a rider with an average that will keep us close to the new points limit, and this also means we have a solid team with strength-in-depth the key that we believe will gain us success on track. They will be a team of entertainers, a team who all want to race for us and get us, and our fans triumphs to cheer from day one to the end of October. 2022 is going to be a year to remember at Brough Park!”

You didn't dream it.  Plus it was part of the same press release which announced Wilson Dean and Congreve so no arm twisting has occurred post the assertion of being close to the points limit.

A couple of things could have happened post the press release. 1. Congreve as a 4.00 instead of a 2.00 or 2. the points limit is different to what was expected.

At the time I thought the statement inferred that the 7th rider was signed.  But with hindsight it sounds aspirational more than anything.  

Agreed.