British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As you don’t seem to have taken in the reasons given at the time (?)….money !

The promotion made the financial decision not to carry on with the Gems to save losing more money.

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, do you not think the 'covid situation' put an extra strain on their financial situation?

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe some more than others, but didn't in any way have anything to do with the Gems being disbanded?

Taken from itv Tyne/Tees news website: "Newcastle Speedway was running three teams: the Diamonds, the Gems and the Sapphires. Since Covid, the club says it has had to drop the Gems because it couldn't afford the overheads of running three teams under the current restrictions."

Full article here:

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2021-06-29/longest-standing-speedway-club-in-the-country-forced-to-fundraise-to-make-it-through-the-season

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cheggie said:

Any idea when an assessed average of 5pts for Lee will be confirmed?

No. It was mentioned early on with his signing that we had something like 7.5 points, and someone mentioned Lee's average would be assessed as 5.00. It sounds about right given the time he has been out, and his capability if he gets his fitness and nerve back. We will see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StevePark said:

Taken from itv Tyne/Tees news website: "Newcastle Speedway was running three teams: the Diamonds, the Gems and the Sapphires. Since Covid, the club says it has had to drop the Gems because it couldn't afford the overheads of running three teams under the current restrictions."

Full article here:

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2021-06-29/longest-standing-speedway-club-in-the-country-forced-to-fundraise-to-make-it-through-the-season

Exactly..” couldn’t afford “, which means finance, and the Sapphires only cost the price of four race jackets.

13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Exactly..” couldn’t afford “, which means finance, and the Sapphires only cost the price of four race jackets.

Maybe fuel,,, nowt to do with covid tho.

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

"under the current restrictions" ie Covid.

• Haha 1

Why not just forget about last season & let's get behind the whole set up from top to bottom & hopefully have a good & entertaining season for the sake of Newcastle speedway

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

Why not just forget about last season & let's get behind the whole set up from top to bottom & hopefully have a good & entertaining season for the sake of Newcastle speedway

R I,,, start a mass debate, then come out with that old chestnut???

Covid!!! phhh,,, ;)

• Haha 1

Taken off Facebook:

Would you be interested in joining the Newcastle Speedway Supporters Association?

Our Ethos

Is to raise funds to help support the continuation of speedway at Brough Park and help build a wider fan base to support the future of the club. The Supporters Association will be ran independently but in conjunction with the promotion to help sustain the future of Newcastle Speedway.

Our Aim

Is to have a working voluntary committee who will be democratically elected by its members at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Committee will work alongside the promotion to deliver the ethos and aims of the association. Funds raised by the Supporters Associations; Last Lap Draw will go directly towards the upkeep/ running costs of Newcastle Speedway. The remainder of the funds will go towards community based initiatives and ring fenced for social events. Newcastle Speedway will be able to request additional funds from the NSSA on an adhoc basis at the discretion of the committee.

Annual Memberships

Annual membership to the Supporters Association will be available to purchase following our formal launch event with options for adult, children, and family memberships. If members sign up on our launch night they will be entered into our very first free monthly prize draw exclusively for members of the Supporters Association.

Do you have a launch date?

3 minutes ago, erniew said:

Nowt to do with me.  Just passing the "info" on for those not on Facebook.

4 hours ago, erniew said:

what are you launching , a ship or a rocket ?

Well what a small world !! Went to a gig (a foreigners journey ) in Workington my home town who was sitting next to me ? A certain Roy Clark and Steve Brock !!

7 hours ago, Neila said:

Well what a small world !! Went to a gig (a foreigners journey ) in Workington my home town who was sitting next to me ? A certain Roy Clark and Steve Brock !!

Hope that didn't stop you enjoying the gig!! :lol:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Neila said:

A gig? In Workington? Who?  Where - one of the clubs?

Roy looks like a Country & Western type to me - yeehah!

13 hours ago, Neila said:

Bet u didnt get a word in :rofl:

• Haha 2