British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

1 hour ago, HectorRacing said:

Why only the dog track? And not speedway? The owners not like the stadium being used for more then one thing?

worrying as season goes on and it gets darker. 

Saves on lecky and, depends on how long the season lasts?

• Haha 1

Is the match v Edinburgh at home a 17-30 start on 17th April as the Newcastle website has it down as that time.

5 minutes ago, soupy said:

Is the match v Edinburgh at home a 17-30 start on 17th April as the Newcastle website has it down as that time.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes.

Okay Thanks.

• Like 1

It’s going to be a bit hard going for Diamonds unless Wilson-Dean and Complin improve dramatically .Early days but signs not good IMO.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It’s going to be a bit hard going for Diamonds unless Wilson-Dean and Complin improve dramatically .Early days but signs not good IMO.

Wilson-dean never was and never will be any good , so over rated. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Complin seems like he's going to be ok once he irons out a few issues and gets back to race fitness. BWD, wasn't convinced to start with and I'm even less so now... Please, please, please say this was a one off, nervy week for him and he'll settle down even to become just a decentish second string...

Out of interest how did BWD get that average? My memories of him in previous championship spell was strong 2nd string/ 3rd heat leader level. Is it a converted average from the prem?

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Out of interest how did BWD get that average? My memories of him in previous championship spell was strong 2nd string/ 3rd heat leader level. Is it a converted average from the prem?

Could be wrong, but I believe so.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Could be wrong, but I believe so.

That will be correct, PL (5.47, 2019) converted X 1.5. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

That will be correct, PL (5.47, 2019) converted X 1.5. 

He could just be a dickie juul/ Henning banger type? Capable of very similar averages in both leagues without ever really being true heat leader potential. Doesn't help you out with top end strength currently though

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He could just be a dickie juul/ Henning banger type? Capable of very similar averages in both leagues without ever really being true heat leader potential. Doesn't help you out with top end strength currently though

You could be right, don't know how long it is before he gets a correct MA for CL?

Edited by ruffdiamond

52 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

You could be right, don't know how long it is before he gets a correct MA for CL?

4 home and 4 away?

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

4 home and 4 away?

Rules changed for this year, it's now 8 matches, doesn't matter how many home or away!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

BWD getting a lower ave won't help Newcastle though! They already built a team well below the points limit, so if they wanted to & the riders are available, could strengthen up the team anytime!