British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

Just now, ljriley90 said:

He has was having a spin in the french league too so is upfor a bit of travel

Speaking of which josef franc been doing ok in there too

33 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hearing tonight from my old pal in Cumbria that Rene Bach broke his femur in Denmark tonight apparently.

Oh dear... that's another one off Grantys wish list...

Could Rene will retire now?

Kenneth Hansen could be up for it... same team as Tero in Poland and he does the UK...

Just another name to throw out there because it seems that silly season has fired up again...

Regards 

THJ 

That's a shame to hear about Rene,,, it might mean that Newcastle just have to muddle along until BWD regains his fitness?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

2 stickers don't fill the window either.

but do two swallows make a summer?

44 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Kenneth Hansen could be up for it... same team as Tero in Poland and he does the UK...

Looked gash in one of the televised Polish 3rd? division matches recently and wouldn't become an asset.

Get well soon Rene. So unlucky with injuries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

May be a flash I  think pan

Wait for the first tumble or engine blow up and see if he still produces.......

My point is, even if Sedgmen goes back to scoring 4/5 points a week, that's still far more than Congreve is scoring. By not strengthening up, it appears Newcastle have accepted another wooden spoon?

• Like 1

Maybe a draft system like the NFL should be introduced with lower placed teams getting first options on any rider not secured on rolling contracts.

I suppose it would be a bit like the old rider control and no doubt some would refuse not wanting to travel to say Plymouth or Glasgow. (Glasgow always seemed hard done by in that respect back in the 60s & 70s).

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

That's a shame to hear about Rene,,, it might mean that Newcastle just have to muddle along until BWD regains his fitness?

Crashed with our former number 1 & world cham Mr p

Just now, Justgotmecpc said:

Crashed with our former number 1 & world cham Mr p

That's unfortunate, aren't they both in the same team???

Really gutted to hear about Rene :( Still one of my favourite Diamonds I've watched

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

That's unfortunate, aren't they both in the same team???

Really gutted to hear about Rene :( Still one of my favourite Diamonds I've watched

Yes same team, awful crash.

Nicki has put it on his Facebook.

Nicki - Broken ribs and punctured lung.

Rene- Broken femur according to Facebook 

13 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Just another name to throw out there because it seems that silly season has fired up again...

Regards 

THJ 

When does it stop?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Yes same team, awful crash.

Nicki has put it on his Facebook.

Nicki - Broken ribs and punctured lung.

Rene- Broken femur according to Facebook 

Unlucky forNicki ,has been having a great season in Poland.Speedy recovery to both riders.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

My point is, even if Sedgmen goes back to scoring 4/5 points a week, that's still far more than Congreve is scoring. By not strengthening up, it appears Newcastle have accepted another wooden spoon?

Just because they haven't "strengthened up," it doesn't mean they haven't tried.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Just because they haven't "strengthened up," it doesn't mean they haven't tried.

I can believe Newcastle are struggling to find a new number one (not needed in my view, as long as they're allowed guests) but find it hard to believe they can't get anyone stronger than Congreve, no offence meant to the lad, but he's clearly the weakest rider in the league & the obvious one to replace!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I can believe Newcastle are struggling to find a new number one (not needed in my view, as long as they're allowed guests) but find it hard to believe they can't get anyone stronger than Congreve, no offence meant to the lad, but he's clearly the weakest rider in the league & the obvious one to replace!

Yes but if they have a eye for the future is it not better to preserve with him.How many chances did Adam Mckinna  get at reserve and no offence to the rider.

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I can believe Newcastle are struggling to find a new number one (not needed in my view, as long as they're allowed guests) 

Why bother signing riders at all then?

Let's just have the names in a hat and you pull 7 out before each meeting.

Using guests is unfair on the fans. I recall a number of years back that Edinburgh were chasing the league title when Freddy Schott picked up a serious injury while guesting.

Equally last season Edinburgh used the same "guest" at reserve for several weeks.

I think the having a named No8 in the PL should be a practice introduced into the CL too.