British Speedway Forum
andys

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS 2022

47 minutes ago, MrP said:

The team is what it is. There seems to be a lot of negativity already which in my opinion is astonishing considering what nearly happened.

Signing riders at Newcastle has never been easy with us being a Sunday track. However add Brexit into the mix along with Poland dictating things and I presume it got a whole lot harder.

Maybe the Worralls,Howarths etc we’re approached and either turned us down or politely told us they were going elsewhere.

Maybe Some of them told us they’d ride for us but can’t as hoping to race in Poland.

Nobody knows apart from the Promotion.

At the end of the day nobody gave Peterborough a hope in hell last year and looked what happened. 

Maybe the majority didn't rate Peterborough, but I certainly did, so you can't say "nobody" gave them a chance!

As for Newcastle, I don't think the team looks strong, but if I was a Newcastle fan I'd just be happy to still have Speedway!

• Like 2

How about NBJ to complete the team?

Newcastle 2022?  
Bradley W-Dean 8.21
Nikolaj B Jakobsen 6.34
Matthew Wethers 6.47
Paul Starke 6.47
Max Clegg 5.27
James Wright 5.07
George Congreve 4.00
Total 41.83

Realism rather than negativity from me. It is a better team than last year but unlikely to be at the sharp end of the table.  I will still be there whenever I can and will continue to be a sponsor and enjoy my speedway racing.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

How about NBJ to complete the team?

Newcastle 2022?  
Bradley W-Dean 8.21
Nikolaj B Jakobsen 6.34
Matthew Wethers 6.47
Paul Starke 6.47
Max Clegg 5.27
James Wright 5.07
George Congreve 4.00
Total 41.83

Yeah, I would like to see that happen, exiting rider to watch at Brough. 

So British speedway has shafted the young kids yet again, bring the rising star idea in for a season and disguise it as aiding their progression and give opportunity, but in reality its to cut costs and aid with rider availability…. Then drop them/it again the next season.They couldn't run a bath!! It stinks to the high heavens. For Decades these kids ( apart from a select few)have been used and abused by the very folk who are supposed to be running the sport. Disgraceful imo.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Are you already seeing double? ;)

You trying to say I'm older than you even tho you look older than most of the OSP'S at the speedway lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

So British speedway has shafted the young kids yet again, bring the rising star idea in for a season and disguise it as aiding their progression and give opportunity, but in reality its to cut costs and aid with rider availability…. Then drop them/it again the next season.They couldn't run a bath!! It stinks to the high heavens. For Decades these kids ( apart from a select few)have been used and abused by the very folk who are supposed to be running the sport. Disgraceful imo.

Totally agree

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, I would like to see that happen, exiting rider to watch at Brough. 

What about your idle who's from Sweden & used to stay in Whitley bay

42 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

What about Newcastle who’s signed a young new Zealander instead of a young brit at reserve, i’m sure virtually all of the other teams will still be having young brits in their team, berwick and plymouth have signed 2 each, redcar have signed jenkins again, i’m sure leicester will have their twins back, as well as palin at scunthorpe, bailey at glasgow, there’s plenty young brits on 4 or below, your clubs just chose to use a foreigner instead, don’t blame British speedway for that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What about Newcastle who’s signed a young new Zealander instead of a young brit at reserve, i’m sure virtually all of the other teams will still be having young brits in their team, berwick and plymouth have signed 2 each, redcar have signed jenkins again, i’m sure leicester will have their twins back, as well as palin at scunthorpe, bailey at glasgow, there’s plenty young brits on 4 or below, your clubs just chose to use a foreigner instead, don’t blame British speedway for that

Of course i blame British speedway, because they removed the stipulation to have them.. had they not, Newcastle would have had too.

my post was more about how young kids are used every other year by the collective promoters/rules to cut costs and then left to hope they get a spot.

Either they use them or not, for the right reasons…but stop pi55ing them about and making them the fall guys to prop the sport up when it suits.

• Like 1

I know little about Congreve so he could be the real deal and a real bargain but the overseas unknown riders who come in on a visa recieve a hefty amount of help from clubs and far more than many young brits in the same boat. Id wager that several UK emerging stars would have stronger seasons if they knew that accommodation,  food and basic living costs were being covered. 

• Like 3

Newcastle are putting together a team within budget so they can continue racing which is great but on the flip side u still need to attract more people thru the gate to make the business sustainable into the future.

On paper sadly I don't see the team attracting more people thru the gate well not people who know about speedway.

The other way of course is to do plenty of marketing and sell the sport to those that are new to it.

Anyways not ere to give a lecture coz it's all common sense stuff. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

What about your idle who's from Sweden & used to stay in Whitley bay

Ya just being silly now. ;)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Justgotmecpc said:

You trying to say I'm older than you even tho you look older than most of the OSP'S at the speedway lol

A had a hard milk round before a went to school you know,,, but a have been looking into early retirement. :(

• Haha 1