Oxford Cheetahs 2022

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly. 

Rye - fixed race nights plus a green promotor

Worky - over achieving team and questionable budgeting

Lakeside - track sold

Swindon - liar developer/greyhound promotion

Somerset - track worth more for development 

Eastbourne - feals done by man not paying the actual money and charlatan promoter.

Birmingham - costs more to run than Masons realised (not helped by arc)

Newcastle - misjudgement between income vs outgoings from green promotion. 

How many of those clubs could have been helped, guided or given more time to put things right? All bar Lakeside, Swindon and Somerset.

I think that’s a bit unfair on Newcastle the biggest problem they had was large unknown tax bill from the previous promotion, they wanted to start a new company when they took over so they had no come back from the previous promotion but the BSPA Bodies persuaded them it was in their best interests to keep the existing company for voting rights etc.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly. 

Rye - fixed race nights plus a green promotor

Worky - over achieving team and questionable budgeting

Lakeside - track sold

Swindon - liar developer/greyhound promotion

Somerset - track worth more for development 

Eastbourne - feals done by man not paying the actual money and charlatan promoter.

Birmingham - costs more to run than Masons realised (not helped by arc)

Newcastle - misjudgement between income vs outgoings from green promotion. 

How many of those clubs could have been helped, guided or given more time to put things right? All bar Lakeside, Swindon and Somerset.

So, in your opinion, nothing to do with the ".............. hallmark of the current mafia board" of which you alluded to.

Edited by IronScorpion

2 hours ago, Jimsboy said:

Do not believe a word Ian"Carol" Jordan prints or says.

You only have to read on the eagles facebook page and every week in speedway star like Lewi Kerr today. The man is a lier

Could the riders take Ian Jordan to court for unpaid wages through the Small Claims Procedure?

I have never liked the idea that unpaid riders are threatened with a 28 day ban if they refuse to ride.

3 hours ago, M.D said:

Eastbourne's crowd figures can support championship speedway

It, also, seemed very strange as all the riders were British (no outgoings for flights)

On 11/3/2021 at 8:45 AM, Phil The Ace said:

Courtney running  Oxford apparently 

They wanted Friday nights in champ but good old Godfrey refused them Friday nights in champ. 

So God knows what day and league Oxford will be in now 

Classic! I still cannot understand the farce that is the governance of our sport. No active promoter should be anywhere near the management committee or decision making for our sport. It's an utter disgrace.

I for one am delighted to see Oxford return, not only is it a returning track but it will turn out to be my local one too! I hope they go championship so I can see the Gladiators there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

I am sure Rob will have the figures, but from my memory changing from Saturday night racing to midweek racing halved the attendance and killed Rye House. So the BSPA did the damage with fixed race nights. Finished Poole off in the PL too. 

Promotion were naive in expecting crowds to turn up fighting the midweek horrendous traffic on the M25. I rarely made it to a midweek meeting from here......M2 , Dartford Tunnel, M25 , A10 ☹️

With hindsight they should have gone CL. Local derbies against Lakeside. 

The crowds were down by way more than half. The average in 2017 must have been around the 1,500 mark as there were some big crowds that year at Rye. On a Monday or Wednesday night they were down to 500 for some of them and remember being at the Leicester meeting in 2018 on a Monday/Wednesday with crap weather and there couldn't have been more than 400 max. Fixed race nights killed the club and those two clowns, Godfrey and Chapman refused to let Rye go back to Saturday nights and preferred to kill the club instead.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

For riders doubling up they are.

This is why no one takes the sport seriously in this country. We are killing clubs and using fixed race nights so riders can ride for multiple teams.

The two leagues are no different in standard now. I have hardly attended a British meeting since Rye closed as it's mickey mouse with riders riding for two clubs at basically the same level. There can't be any attachment to riders and must look completely insane to outsiders.

32 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

I think that’s a bit unfair on Newcastle the biggest problem they had was large unknown tax bill from the previous promotion, they wanted to start a new company when they took over so they had no come back from the previous promotion but the BSPA Bodies persuaded them it was in their best interests to keep the existing company for voting rights etc.

Slightly unfair but i do stand by that Rob Grant was naïve with the takeover and being ushered by the board to keep the existing company against his better instincts.

25 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So, in your opinion, nothing to do with the ".............. hallmark of the current mafia board" of which you alluded to.

We could be here all day and night listing the multiple reasons why the listed clubs closed. There will always be over arching issues and also all could have had more help to remain active. The current mafia board are not bad people they are just making decisions based upon the short term benefits to their own businesses rather than the sport as a whole (and if replaced with a whole bunch of new promotions things could still be much the same). What the board could do a lot better is be more open and transparent about the decision process rather than the cloak and dagger (lies) approach that is currently in play and they would find themselves far greater respected for it. 

Makes you wonder what the BSPL are actually trying to promote…. Their own bank accounts I think - certainly not the sport. 

Time for Oxford to play hard ball with the BSPL. 
If they have a business plan for Friday night racing, then they need to stick to it. 
Otherwise Oxford should tell the BSPL to stick their leagues pull out and keep their hard earned money in the bank. 

As for the premier league ,Seems impossible that any new club  will be joining unless they have a fan base that will turn out midweek . 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Slightly unfair but i do stand by that Rob Grant was naïve with the takeover and being ushered by the board to keep the existing company against his better instincts.

We could be here all day and night listing the multiple reasons why the listed clubs closed. There will always be over arching issues and also all could have had more help to remain active. The current mafia board are not bad people they are just making decisions based upon the short term benefits to their own businesses rather than the sport as a whole (and if replaced with a whole bunch of new promotions things could still be much the same). What the board could do a lot better is be more open and transparent about the decision process rather than the cloak and dagger (lies) approach that is currently in play and they would find themselves far greater respected for it. 

As you say he was persuaded to do so by the governing body against his better judgment, I don’t think that is naive he is taking notice of those who have allegedly more experience and therefore in a better position to offer sound advice which turned out to total and utter rubbish

• Like 1

It would be devastating if after a decade and a half's relentless campaigning Oxford were then to fail due to the BSPL......

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 9:24 PM, crescent girl said:

We'll see.  Remember this post.

Championship or Premiership, the general consensus is Championship :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, lewy said:

Crescent girl is adamant its Premiership :blink:

Maybe it's Berwick in Championship, Oxford in Premiership courtesy of Jamie Courtney

Or maybe the other way round also courtesy of Jamie Courtney