British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

17 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

???????

Just going off previous comments Jamie Courtney is rumoured Oxford promoter and had seen previously Harris had agreed to ride for both clubs. Or is one or both rumours untrue? 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Just going off previous comments Jamie Courtney is rumoured Oxford promoter and had seen previously Harris had agreed to ride for both clubs. Or is one or both rumours untrue? 

That's what I mean wish I knew.

Those of us who support teams in the second tier have known for ages that it’s the superior league. Adding Oxford will only strengthen that and I am very much looking forward to seeing them at Armadale and also hopefully paying a visit when Edinburgh race there. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

That's what I mean wish I knew.

Mr Barrie suggesting Oxford were turned down for Premiership.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yes but as Jaizers already said how will that affect Courtney and Bomber ?

Just now, Bandit59 said:

Yes but as Jaizers already said how will that affect Courtney and Bomber ?

It has been stated that Harris has signed for Berwick so unless Courtney decides different I would think he will be at Shielfield.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

How's that going to effect Courtney and Harris at Berwick? Presumably cant promote 2 teams in same league and people have said on here Harris has signed for both Oxford and Berwick?

It’s really not complicated. 

Scott Courtney runs Berwick 

Jamie Courtney will run Oxford

harris has signed for Berwick and has agreed to ride for Oxford when they were planning to run in the premiership 

Oxford will be championship so Harris will no longer be in the team as he already signed for Berwick 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CowleyCheetahs said:

harris has signed for Berwick and has agreed to ride for Oxford when they were planning to run in the premiership 

Oxford will be championship so Harris will no longer be in the team as he already signed for Berwick 

Interesting, considering Scott Courtney was the Promoter at Berwick before he decided to give it up.Who are the Official present Promoters at Berwick.

Edited by Fromafar

9 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Interesting, considering Scott Courtney was the Promoter at Berwick before he decided to give it up.Who are the Official present Promoters at Berwick.

Yeah I wasn't sure Scott was still involved. Crescent girl? :D

42 minutes ago, CowleyCheetahs said:

All correct, but, Jamie Courtney runs Berwick not Scott, Scott took a step back, but is still a co-promoter, as far as I’m aware Jamie is going to be the promoter at Oxford, but will not be putting any money into it, and just representing someone else, for the need to have a BSPA licensed promoter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

All correct, but, Jamie Courtney runs Berwick not Scott, Scott took a step back, but is still a co-promoter, as far as I’m aware Jamie is going to be the promoter at Oxford, but will not be putting any money into it, and just representing someone else, for the need to have a BSPA licensed promoter 

Berwick promoters are Gary Flint, Steven Dews and Jamie Courtney.

Scott and Jamie are the company directors. 

Source (Berwick speedway programme).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

18 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If that's true, it makes no sense, with only 6 Prem clubs, why would a new club be turned away?

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If that's true, it makes no sense, with only 6 Prem clubs, why would a new club be turned away?

Are you suggesting that decisions are made using logic?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Because the other 6 teams wouldn’t share the TV money 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CowleyCheetahs said:

Because the other 6 teams wouldn’t share the TV money 

They are seriously getting worse every year! Glad Poole are out of that league tbh. They can't be getting much money anyway.