British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

On 11/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, Skidder1 said:

It clearly made a big difference to be happy where he was racing - under Brit team managers etc etc.:t:

If you are trying to say he's unhappy at BV under an Aussie then cut out the usual snideness and just come out and say it! 

Personally I think its a mental thing, he has been a top rider in the Champs for years but seems like he'll be never make the breakthrough in our top league, same with Ritchie.

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If you are trying to say he's unhappy at BV under an Aussie then cut out the usual snideness and just come out and say it! 

Personally I think its a mental thing, he has been a top rider in the Champs for years but seems like he'll be never make the breakthrough in our top league, same with Ritchie.

Don't think it's just that tbh. Have seen what a BV fan has called him and Richie on a FB group. Not sure if others do it as well? Also another poster it may have been Tsuami but not 100% sure said about being treated better by Poole fans? And I think Phil The Ace said something about how he should  move away from BV for his mental health..? Although with only five other teams, not much choice!

Anyway good to see Oxford in same league as Poole and talking about having former GP riders, so could well be Scott Nicholls. 

Good to see speedway back at Oxford. It will be a good opportunity to see some speedway next year.

I'm surprised about Wednesdays though. I was expecting Fridays.

What can I say?

Congratulations to all involved

:):):)

• Like 1

Yep huge congratulations to all at Oxford for achieving something which must have seemed a million miles away not that long ago. Particularly pleased for @Matt Davis who will be able to take his kids there as he went as a lad, dream coming true stuff for him and his family :approve:

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 8

Fantastic news Oxford are back, I lived in Chinnor for a couple of years so spent a few seasons watching the sport ay Cowley, great news for fans and the sport..

Edited by M.D

Welcome back. Great news. 

I will definitely be making a visit at some point during the season. 

Top 3 of

Nicholls

Batch

Hans

Not a bad start if you can do that 

Are they going to be renovating the bar area? It was looking pretty derelict last time I saw a photo on here.

12 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Are they going to be renovating the bar area? It was looking pretty derelict last time I saw a photo on here.

you would think so with greyhounds coming back as well i believe

Edited by ray c

46 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Top 3 of

Nicholls

Batch

Hans

Hans? What about Denmark? Maybe if they were doing Fridays. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Good to see speedway back at Oxford. It will be a good opportunity to see some speedway next year.

I'm surprised about Wednesdays though. I was expecting Fridays.

Yes bit surprising as  it used to be a Friday track I think. Great track, seen some fantastic racing there, definitely going there for away meetings next season. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Top 3 of

Nicholls

Batch

Hans

That's some expensive top 3 if that's the case.

Great news and at least a trip down the M40 or old A40 if quieter if Brummies don't make it to tapes.

Jamie Courtney is a sound appointment doing great things at Berwick on a sensible budget.

Good to see speedway back there. Will travel the 30 miles up from Swindon for a few meetings.

• Like 1