British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only a few negative ones and mainly the same people repeating them. Are you the Poole fan posting on there Steve ;)

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Only a few negative ones and mainly the same people repeating them. Are you the Poole fan posting on there Steve ;)

Yes I put up a few posts answering the nimbys/moaners.

• Like 1

Well haven’t posted on here since 2008 ish!! So happy to have Oxford Cheetahs back. Ignore the muppets on the Oxford mail comments we seem to have our fair share of doom and gloomers in Oxford! Seems like everyone has something to protest about these days. Roll on March and good on ya Steve

Edited by rodhiles
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, rodhiles said:

Well haven’t posted on here since 2008 ish!! So happy to have Oxford Cheetahs back. Ignore the muppets on the Oxford mail comments we seem to have our fair share of doom and gloomers in Oxford! Seems like everyone has something to protest about these days. Roll on March and good on ya Steve

Similar timeline for me since last posting about Oxford on here. Great to see the club back and lets hope the fans have retained their enthusiasm for the sport. That plus an opportunity to introduce new fans is hopefully a recipe for success. Good luck to Jamie in making it happen

All the hard work from so many people has paid off

Edited by Chris Brown
spelling
  • Like 3

Come on then Oxford can you name some riders please.

I know one local sponsor that would be keen to see Nathan Stoneman in the line-up, what would be his average & would he be good enough?

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I know one local sponsor that would be keen to see Nathan Stoneman in the line-up, what would be his average & would he be good enough?

Suggestion was on local radio that 4 riders are signed but these things get drip fed to maximise the impact 

8 minutes ago, Chris Brown said:

Suggestion was on local radio that 4 riders are signed but these things get drip fed to maximise the impact 

I'd guess probably some of the Kent contingent. Nichols, batch and Dan Gilkes possibly?

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Stoneman would be on a 2.00 ave

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Decent shout for a reserve position, falls off a bit but that's more due to 100% effort and a bit of over enthusiasm IMO.

Type of rider most fans will enjoy watching, living locally too can only be good for PR and everyone likes a local youngster in the team

Personally if he fits and the promotion want to use him I'd have Connor Coles in too, another tryer and also has Oxford connections

• Like 1

So I am now going to follow Oxford as my new club after the closing of Somerset.

Couldn’t bring myself to follow any of the other Championship clubs so a new club is right up my street. Double bonus it’s a lot closer. Still a good hours run for me, but hey, speedway again, can’t wait.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Nathan's had a couple of cracks at CL and never really cut it consistently.  No doubting he can be quick but often over rides and i think he has his own business now? Also no idea on his recovery from the multiple broken bones he got on IOW?

Good to see Oxford's return has made a couple of the national 'red tops' sports pages!

18 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Nathan's had a couple of cracks at CL and never really cut it consistently.  No doubting he can be quick but often over rides and i think he has his own business now? Also no idea on his recovery from the multiple broken bones he got on IOW?

While Stoneman has never shown much promise at Champ level, he's only ridden 21 matches over 3 seasons, so not had much of a chance really!