British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

SET YOUR ALARMS The contract has been signed, the deal is in place. We will be confirming our 2022 Oxford Cheetahs captain tomorrow morning at 7am  Any early predictions #OxfordSpeedway 

Scott Nicholls?

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

SET YOUR ALARMS The contract has been signed, the deal is in place. We will be confirming our 2022 Oxford Cheetahs captain tomorrow morning at 7am  Any early predictions #OxfordSpeedway 

Scott Nicholls?

Nailed on I would think!!

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, mikebv said:

It makes total sense to allow tracks to race on the night they feel will deliver their best  crowds.. 

And for an entertainment business you would think Friday would deliver more punters than a Wednesday. (Especially the much needed families with young kids who hopefuly will become adult punters in later years)..

Absolute crackers that they hold back the sports growth by preventing teams from riding on nights they want to because it means not enough guests will be available....

A ruling that destroys all the sport's credibility, and therefore reduces crowds significantly, and keeps major sponsors and mainstream media away, prevents tracks from riding on nights that they feel would increase the crowds that follow the sport.. 

An amazing plan...:D

I have just checked the official Speedway GB site.

There were 26 Friday nights (between 7/5/21 and 29/10/21)

There were championship meetings at the 4 Friday tracks on FIVE occasions (so 5 times in 26 the 4 Friday tracks raced a home championship meeting). Discounting October that will be 5 out of 21 times.

4th June there was 2 league and 2 cup matches.

9th July - 4 league meetings.

30th July - 2 cup matches with 2 meetings postponed.

20th Aug - 4 league meetings.

3rd Sept - 3 teams at home with Poole also.

10th Sept - 4 league meetings with 1 postponed.

There were 7 weeks when there was 3 championship meetings at the above venues.

There were 11 postponements through the season on these Friday nights.

There was one week when there was no meetings.

I would have thought a compromise could have been reached where Oxford can race on a Friday night but cannot race a Championship home meeting if the other 4 teams are racing at home (could race their junior team on these nights).:cheers: 

37 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Lyndback

I can see why u spelt Lindback with a y coz I would av to ask you y? :D

1 minute ago, hans fan said:

Has Oxford got a air fence and a licence to run speedway yet and payed its bond

Wot sort of a question is that to ask?

Hardly think they'd be confirmed into the Championship if it wasn't all in place.

19 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Has Oxford got a air fence and a licence to run speedway yet and payed its bond

Rest assured Oxford will have AN air fence by the time it will be required and will also have PAID their bond plus all other requirements for a license to be issued. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Scotty for sure...:D

Yep, he has just made it even more obvious than it already was! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Rest assured Oxford will have AN air fence by the time it will be required and will also have PAID their bond plus all other requirements for a license to be issued. 

I think we may know where the air fence may be coming from......

On 11/16/2021 at 4:11 PM, mikebv said:

It makes total sense to allow tracks to race on the night they feel will deliver their best  crowds.. 

And for an entertainment business you would think Friday would deliver more punters than a Wednesday. (Especially the much needed families with young kids who hopefuly will become adult punters in later years)..

Absolute crackers that they hold back the sports growth by preventing teams from riding on nights they want to because it means not enough guests will be available....

A ruling that destroys all the sport's credibility, and therefore reduces crowds significantly, and keeps major sponsors and mainstream media away, prevents tracks from riding on nights that they feel would increase the crowds that follow the sport.. 

An amazing plan...:D

I totally agree, not allowing another Friday track due to a possible lack of guests is rediculous! 

Imagine saying to a club "you can't ride on Fridays because I may need to use your riders for my team"

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ray c said:

scott nicholls for me 

Jason Crump?