British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

9 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

I think we may know where the air fence may be coming from......

Swindon or Somerset at a guess..

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I totally agree, not allowing another Friday track due to a possible lack of guests is rediculous! 

Imagine saying to a club "you can't ride on Fridays because I may need to use your riders for my team"

There you go perfectly sums up all that is wrong with British speedway in under 50 words and still they can't sort it out.

Anyhow great to see Oxford back and all the best for 22

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

How nice to get excited about team building again. I’ll be well chuffed if there is an ex Somerset rider in the new line up. 
COYC. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see Dan Gilkes and Jake Mulford at reserve for Oxford. Also Danyon Hume at number 2, if he isn't riding for Poole. That would leave plenty of room for a strong top 4, spearheaded by Scotty Nicholls (So jealous)

1. Scott Nicholls (c)

2. Danyon Hume

6. Dan Gilkes

7. Jake Mulford

Would be a great start, if another 8.5-9.0er could be acquired for the number 5 spot (Troy?) And then a solid 3 and 4 (Tommy Jorgensen?), would be a decent team for Oxford's return...

Edited by Diamonds85

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

I'd like to see Dan Gilkes and Jake Mulford at reserve for Oxford. Also Danyon Hume at number 2, if he isn't riding for Poole. That would leave plenty of room for a strong top 4, spearheaded by Scotty Nicholls (So jealous)

1. Scott Nicholls (c)

2. Danyon Hume

6. Dan Gilkes

7. Jake Mulford

Would be a great start, if another 8.5-9.0er could be acquired for the number 5 spot (Troy?) And then a solid 3 and 4 (Tommy Jorgensen?), would be a decent team for Oxford's return...

Batch at 5 but is he still 9 point ave?

Edited by lisa-colette

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Batch at 5 but is he still 9 point ave?

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Actually 9.11.  Higher than Scott!

Where does that figure come from?

23 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

1. Scott Nicholls (c)

2. Danyon Hume

6. Dan Gilkes

7. Jake Mulford

Mits off Humey Boy, toot toot! :party:

Dan Gilkes & Jake Mulford are great prospects but with the rising star lifted it could leave Oxford vulnerable if they are both signed up.

10 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Actually 9.11.  Higher than Scott!

Green sheets show 8.98 but take away his points against Eastgone and it is 9.11

1 minute ago, PirateShip said:

Dan Gilkes & Jake Mulford are great prospects but with the rising star lifted it could leave Oxford vulnerable if they are both signed up.

Gilkes yes Mulford no. Sadly he lacks focus on speedway and is trying to run before he can walk. Gilkes on the other hand will be sought after by many clubs with huge potential and a very professional approach 

8 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Gilkes yes Mulford no. Sadly he lacks focus on speedway and is trying to run before he can walk. Gilkes on the other hand will be sought after by many clubs with huge potential and a very professional approach 

Mulford is a talent though.? Was Wiggy always committed to speedway a different level of rider of course. things could change.