British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

31 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

@Technik

Is Caspar Henriksen the son of Anders formally of Newport ?

I believe he is. His father is certainly called Anders and used to race.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Technik said:

I'd like to see a new face in the Oxford line-up. There are a few youngsters in Europe that I believe will be ready for Championship racing in 2022. I understand the Poles are to opperate an U24 league but they will still have a squad of which only 7 will race so I think some riders would be better in British racing where they will be in the team each week.

In Denmark Tim Sorensen has been flying under the radar but I think British speedway could take him to the top.

From Sweden Casper Henriksen has been scoring at reserve in the top flight for 2 seasons.

Then there is Petr Chlupac from the Czech Republic he has excellent equipment & is very willing to learn.

Any of these would start on a 5.00 average, Maybe Henriksen would be better starting as reserve but the other two could fit straight into the top 5. 

Tim Sorensen is racing in the Extraliga in Poland next year, so he certainly hasn’t been flying under the radar. It also excludes him from racing in the UK as he will only be allowed to do 1 other league, which I guess will be Denmark or Sweden.

6 hours ago, Technik said:

I'd like to see a new face in the Oxford line-up. There are a few youngsters in Europe that I believe will be ready for Championship racing in 2022. I understand the Poles are to opperate an U24 league but they will still have a squad of which only 7 will race so I think some riders would be better in British racing where they will be in the team each week.

In Denmark Tim Sorensen has been flying under the radar but I think British speedway could take him to the top.

From Sweden Casper Henriksen has been scoring at reserve in the top flight for 2 seasons.

Then there is Petr Chlupac from the Czech Republic he has excellent equipment & is very willing to learn.

Any of these would start on a 5.00 average, Maybe Henriksen would be better starting as reserve but the other two could fit straight into the top 5. 

The question you need to ask is “Are Oxford a new trading company?” If so you can’t get visa’s for new EU riders for 12 months (Like Poole for Basso) until you have a set of trading accounts.

This is apparently what hammered Newcastle last year as quoted by others. You rely on existing riders from other clubs you want to loam them out otherwise.   

Edited by Brough Diamond
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brough Diamond said:

The question you need to ask is “Are Oxford a new trading company?” If so you can’t get visa’s for new EU riders for 12 months (Like Poole for Basso) until you have a set of trading accounts.

This is apparently what hammered Newcastle last year as quoted by others. You rely on existing riders from other clubs you want to loam them out otherwise.   

Is this just more of the nonsense that was peddled about Newcastle last season?There is nothing in the UKVI regulations to prevent a start up from applying for a sponsor licence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brough Diamond said:

“Apparently “

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

“Apparently “

A certain regular commentator mentioned it a number of times on the Newcastle thread last year. I’m not involved with the promotion and personally want to see all the clubs in the league do well - hence my mention that it was ‘apparently’ the case. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Brough Diamond said:

A certain regular commentator mentioned it a number of times on the Newcastle thread last year. I’m not involved with the promotion and personally want to see all the clubs in the league do well - hence my mention that it was ‘apparently’ the case. 

You’re not allowed to speak ill of “a certain regular commentator” or else you’ll get three pages of abuse. Apparently :D

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

You’re not allowed to speak ill of “a certain regular commentator” or else you’ll get three pages of abuse. Apparently :D

Yea I know where you are coming from, and not on the Newcastle thread try one on the west coast :D

35 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yea I know where you are coming from, and not on the Newcastle thread try one on the west coast :D

Yeh, I know. One thread to be avoided for exactly that reason. 

• Haha 1

Could complete the team with 2 riders who can certainly score plenty in the reserve berth!

Oxford 2022?  
Troy Batchelor 9.11
Scott Nicholls 8.84
Cameron Heeps 5.19
Kyle Newman 5.03
Jack Thomas 4.79
Stefan Nielsen 4.52
James Sarjeant 4.30
Total 41.78
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, AndyPresley said:

Who is Tommy Gun?

On 12/17/2021 at 11:51 AM, Ryan555 said:

Thomas Jorgensen 

Came to Newcastle with a nickname of 'Tommy Gun',,, by the end of the season he left as a 'Nerf Gun'. ;)

• Haha 2

Has Zane Keleher signed for Oxford ? He does seem to "like" a Cheethas tweet. If so your getting a dedicated Aussie racer who can make further strides in the UK in 2022. 

Edited by the outsider
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2021 at 12:00 PM, AndyPresley said:

Tim Sorensen is racing in the Extraliga in Poland next year, so he certainly hasn’t been flying under the radar. It also excludes him from racing in the UK as he will only be allowed to do 1 other league, which I guess will be Denmark or Sweden.

I believe he's signed for the u24 squad which gives him different rules.

He was approached by Redcar last year though so definitely isn't flying under the radar even in the UK!

• Thanks 1