British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

45 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Reading on a greyhound forum that dog trials will start in April but the stand will not be in use. Dog meetings will run mainly in the morning so it is not viable to repair the stand.

Ladbrokes own Monmore stadium & have dog meetings in the daytime with no paying public. They film it for use in betting shops & the ever growing need for on-line gambling. As Oxford are only stating they are having open trials at that stage there would not be any gambling so no reason to open the grandstand 

9 hours ago, Technik said:

Ladbrokes own Monmore stadium & have dog meetings in the daytime with no paying public. They film it for use in betting shops & the ever growing need for on-line gambling. As Oxford are only stating they are having open trials at that stage there would not be any gambling so no reason to open the grandstand 

Boothbys a bigger chancer than Horton 

13 hours ago, Technik said:

I know all about greyhound racing. If the speedway opens in April and the stand has not been repaired what happens?

6 hours ago, hans fan said:

Correct, Trials to start in April but when will the actual Greyhound racing start ?, If he cant get any Live streamed meetings then he wont/cant run without any spectators, which then begs the question what happens with the Speedway. Boothby aint got the money to repair the Grandstand otherwise it would have been done.

10 hours ago, hans fan said:

Lets give the guy a fighting chance. All Horton had to do was convince the BSPA that he could host speedway. The new bloke had to present a business plan to the council to obtain a ten year lease. The stadium has stood empty for 14 years he will have some issues & if we make them bigger than they already are who is left to support him in this quest

6 hours ago, tyretrax said:

I know all about greyhound racing. If the speedway opens in April and the stand has not been repaired what happens?

I'm sure your knowledge of greyhound racing is unrivaled. Your quote told us that the grandstand would not be open for dog trials. I'm sure that everything has to be inspected at a dog track from the surface to the jumps, the preperation equipment & the kennels this will also involve dog trials to insure the safety of the equipment. Only then can an application for on track gambling be submitted. So for April there will be no requirement for the grandstand to be open as there will be no racing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Technik said:

I'm sure that everything has to be inspected at a dog track from the surface to the jumps, the preparation equipment & the kennels this will also involve dog trials to ensure the safety of the equipment.

I'm pretty sure dog trials are nothing to do with testing stadium facilities and the safety of the equipment.   Trials are run to assess the ability and form of the greyhound, so that they can be graded into the correct class of race.  I think every racing greyhound has to complete 3 trials before they can race at a track.

• Like 2

Question for Tecknik. If the speedway starts in April and the stadium owners don't have the stand refurbed what happens to spectator facilities? The greyound side will take care of its self.

Edited by tyretrax

3 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Question for Tecknik. If the speedway starts in April and the stadium owners don't have the stand refurbed what happens to spectator facilities? The greyound side will take care of its self.

Where is it stated that the Grandstand has not or will not be ready in April. In your posts you have said that it will not be open for dog trials in April. & this you have gained from a Greyhound forum. Myself & others have replied to your posts & given you valid reasons as to why the stand would not be required for dog trials. 

I would think that some refurbishment of the Grandstand would be necessary for the Referee/Greyhound Starters room to be operative.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Technik said:

Where is it stated that the Grandstand has not or will not be ready in April. In your posts you have said that it will not be open for dog trials in April. & this you have gained from a Greyhound forum. Myself & others have replied to your posts & given you valid reasons as to why the stand would not be required for dog trials. 

The greyhounds are the primary tenants of the stadium and have said that refurbishing the stand is not viable as they won't use it. I am asking about it being used for the speedway you keep going back to dog trials. I have seen one reply to you and not one to my post. As for your sarcastic comment,  I have been involved in greyound racing for twenty eight years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

The greyhounds are the primary tenants of the stadium and have said that refurbishing the stand is not viable as they won't use it. I am asking about it being used for the speedway you keep going back to dog trials. I have seen one reply to you and not one to my post. As for your sarcastic comment,  I have been involved in greyound racing for twenty eight years.

Have oxford got bags  meeting's  lined up? I believe it's the only way dog racing survive,  I know it's the way it's run at Monmore Green apart from Saturday night .

• Like 1

Bearing in mind that Oxford have no recent crowd attendances to go by, they've taken on some reasonably big earners in Nicholls and Batchelor without knowing how many fans will turn up on a regular basis to balance the books. 

Its great that we have another club back racing but can it be made viable? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Bearing in mind that Oxford have no recent crowd attendances to go by, they've taken on some reasonably big earners in Nicholls and Batchelor without knowing how many fans will turn up on a regular basis to balance the books. 

Its great that we have another club back racing but can it be made viable? 

Hopefully they've done their homework they may well have some decent sponsorship on board , I wish them well this coming season and many more.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Have oxford got bags  meeting's  lined up? I believe it's the only way dog racing survive,  I know it's the way it's run at Monmore Green apart from Saturday night .

SIS, Sports Information Services, will beam racing to the bookies.

Having seen recent photos of the inside of the grandstand, in a totally derelict state, it does not surprise me that they intend to open in April without this in use. What I would be interested to know is whether or not the new promoters intend to erect any form of outdoor seating for spectators, eg as at Leicester?