British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Lot of Promotions seem to want to go online and advanced tickets,I’m not sure the sport is really in a position to go down the road given the aging support .Lot more Media required to attract new support if that’s the way forward as many don't even know the sport exists.

Certainly easier in the case of postponements for promotions to refund customers who bought tickets online rather than issue re-admission stubs. How many times have promotions been criticised in the past for a no refunds policy?

I do find it funny that promotions and the sport in general is criticised for living in the past and not using up to date technology and when it does, in a case like this, there is criticism because they are not catering to their fanbase.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Thank you all for this information. Looks like a revisit to Cowley will not figure in my speedway plans for this year.

Well, there's a hissy fit.  Your reason for not visiting is because they're offering you free car parking?

• Like 1

We planned on visiting Oxford but I'm not so sure now.  I don't mind buying tickets online but to have to get one at a time seems stupid, unlikely I suppose but what if you buy one then start again to buy second one and they've all gone will we be able to get refund on first ticket.  We bought tickets in advance for Eastbourne and look what's happened there we're still waiting for our refunds.  Also we much prefer to pay at the gate incase our plans change ie illness or can't attend for other reasons.

55 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Certainly easier in the case of postponements for promotions to refund customers who bought tickets online rather than issue re-admission stubs. How many times have promotions been criticised in the past for a no refunds policy?

I do find it funny that promotions and the sport in general is criticised for living in the past and not using up to date technology and when it does, in a case like this, there is criticism because they are not catering to their fanbase.

What are the main changes in the refund policies,apart from using your online ticket though.

46 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, there's a hissy fit.  Your reason for not visiting is because they're offering you free car parking?

As someone who has driven / travelled to away matches for over 50 years following the Wolves; I have reached a breaking point where the Motorway infrastructure and constant lane closures etc, combined with Speedway promoters destroying team support / allegiance does not inspire me to book online at an extra cost to get a car park facility that I can't guarantee getting there to take up. 

I find the Speedway promoters' inability to delight the customer amazing. My mates don't.... they stopped travelling years ago and now cherry pick the home meetings as well. 

Yes I'm a "pay at the gate Dinosaur"who doesn't care for the new trend of needing a 'blue card' to get two quid off at Edinburgh, a mobile phone App to go to a Cardiff GP or to get caught full price for an old programme with an insert! 

What's next.... a centre green presenter with a monkey???? Now that would give me a hissy fit :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

A tarmacadam carpark not even  a muddy field

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

We planned on visiting Oxford but I'm not so sure now.  I don't mind buying tickets online but to have to get one at a time seems stupid, unlikely I suppose but what if you buy one then start again to buy second one and they've all gone will we be able to get refund on first ticket.  We bought tickets in advance for Eastbourne and look what's happened there we're still waiting for our refunds.  Also we much prefer to pay at the gate incase our plans change ie illness or can't attend for other reasons.

On the ticketing site it gives you the option to buy more than one ticket

You could select 2 adults 1 older child and one kid for a quid on the same booking  admittedly it adds on the pound per ticket booking fee at the end.

Selecting car parking is simply scrolling down a little further

It's not perfect but at least it's doable with a positive attitude instead of what seems to me a very negative one.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lefty said:

As someone who has driven / travelled to away matches for over 50 years following the Wolves; I have reached a breaking point where the Motorway infrastructure and constant lane closures etc, combined with Speedway promoters destroying team support / allegiance does not inspire me to book online at an extra cost to get a car park facility that I can't guarantee getting there to take up. 

I find the Speedway promoters' inability to delight the customer amazing. My mates don't.... they stopped travelling years ago and now cherry pick the home meetings as well. 

Yes I'm a "pay at the gate Dinosaur"who doesn't care for the new trend of needing a 'blue card' to get two quid off at Edinburgh, a mobile phone App to go to a Cardiff GP or to get caught full price for an old programme with an insert! 

What's next.... a centre green presenter with a monkey???? Now that would give me a hissy fit :rolleyes:

The car park at Unipart is free

You might not enjoy delays on the way to and from the meeting but that's hardly any promoters fault.

• Like 1

Just ordered tickets for two people and it’s very easy and you just tick the box for car parking.

58 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

On the ticketing site it gives you the option to buy more than one ticket

You could select 2 adults 1 older child and one kid for a quid on the same booking  admittedly it adds on the pound per ticket booking fee at the end.

Selecting car parking is simply scrolling down a little further

It's not perfect but at least it's doable with a positive attitude instead of what seems to me a very negative one.

I don't have a negative attitude I just made a simple mistake by only looking at the first page that popped up on my phone instead of pressing the next button, but I'd still rather pay on the gate incase I can't go due to unforseen circumstances.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

It suggests getting a ticket ahead for the first meeting as it's likely to be well attended and they may have a capacity to work to.

You are able to buy 2 tickets at the same time, total would still be £38 thou as each ticket has a booking fee (which personally annoys me)

Buy at the gate is still allowed, which for future meetings I imagine no chance of being over capacity.

Obviously would help if they stated what, if any, the capacity is B)

2 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I don't have a negative attitude I just made a simple mistake by only looking at the first page that popped up on my phone instead of pressing the next button, but I'd still rather pay on the gate incase I can't go due to unforseen circumstances.

And I've just seen I could pay an extra £2.60 refund protection in case I can't go due to illness or injury, or snow, frost, fog or storm as well as other things, no thanks I'll pay at the gate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Pay on the gate is still an option, but the first meeting is likely to be heavily supported so to ensure entry, book in advance. Any subsequent meetings should be fine to pay at the gate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

What will the crowd limit be at Oxford?

Capacity is 2500

Which is exactly the reason why the tickets are online at the moment. 
Can you image the chaos of 3000, 4000 turning up on race night and having to turn away 5-1500 people?

There will be tickets on sale on the day but you risk not being able to get in if the stadium is at capacity!