British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What are the main changes in the refund policies,apart from using your online ticket though.

I would imagine it is easier to offer a straight refund to customers who bought tickets online. You have all the details at hand. As opposed to re-admission tickets being the only option.

12 minutes ago, topsoil said:

I would imagine it is easier to offer a straight refund to customers who bought tickets online. You have all the details at hand. As opposed to re-admission tickets being the only option.

What are the rules though regarding refunds,it used to be the next 3 home meetings or the fixture re-run,is it the Promoters choice to refund now if they want too,or has the rule changed so everyone can get are refund now the technology has been introduced ,that is what I would like to know.Just curious.

13 hours ago, Lefty said:

As someone who has driven / travelled to away matches for over 50 years following the Wolves; I have reached a breaking point where the Motorway infrastructure and constant lane closures etc, combined with Speedway promoters destroying team support / allegiance does not inspire me to book online at an extra cost to get a car park facility that I can't guarantee getting there to take up. 

I find the Speedway promoters' inability to delight the customer amazing. My mates don't.... they stopped travelling years ago and now cherry pick the home meetings as well. 

Yes I'm a "pay at the gate Dinosaur"who doesn't care for the new trend of needing a 'blue card' to get two quid off at Edinburgh, a mobile phone App to go to a Cardiff GP or to get caught full price for an old programme with an insert! 

What's next.... a centre green presenter with a monkey???? Now that would give me a hissy fit :rolleyes:

With a Monkey you say....................................................Now that's an idea. Plus the monkey would probably talk more sense. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Matt Davis said:

Capacity is 2500

Which is exactly the reason why the tickets are online at the moment. 
Can you image the chaos of 3000, 4000 turning up on race night and having to turn away 5-1500 people?

There will be tickets on sale on the day but you risk not being able to get in if the stadium is at capacity!

Thanks,  all makes perfect sense.

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What are the rules though regarding refunds,it used to be the next 3 home meetings or the fixture re-run,is it the Promoters choice to refund now if they want too,or has the rule changed so everyone can get are refund now the technology has been introduced ,that is what I would like to know.Just curious.

To be honest not sure, I've got a season ticket so it never effects me. I would just think for promotions who want to offer a refund and customers who want that option it makes it far easier to offer that option.

11 hours ago, Matt Davis said:

Capacity is 2500

Which is exactly the reason why the tickets are online at the moment. 
Can you image the chaos of 3000, 4000 turning up on race night and having to turn away 5-1500 people?

There will be tickets on sale on the day but you risk not being able to get in if the stadium is at capacity!

Can’t imagine 2500 turning up never mind 3-4000.Best of luck to the Promotion for the season.

44 minutes ago, topsoil said:

To be honest not sure, I've got a season ticket so it never effects me. I would just think for promotions who want to offer a refund and customers who want that option it makes it far easier to offer that option.

Policy at Berwick is refund for online tickets, on the day payments is readmission ticket valid for any future meeting including but not limited to the restaging of the abandoned meeting. Would imagine that most tracks are similar.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Policy at Berwick is refund for online tickets, on the day payments is readmission ticket valid for any future meeting including but not limited to the restaging of the abandoned meeting. Would imagine that most tracks are similar.   

Thanks.Trouble is there seems to be no “ hard and fast rule” in the sport these days,I can remember when it was next 3 fixtures or  rearranged match fixture which cause a bit of inconvienance for travelling support who were wanting refund on the night.It seems to be left up to individual Promotions these days what they want to do.Needs addressing to standardise the rule. iMO,so supporters know where they stand regarding refunds.

Before the owners of Oxford Stadium agreed to the current lease the Council were saying they would consider allowing the owners to build houses on the car park by the pits, providing the leisure facilities were saved. May be the lease does not include this parking area hence the Unipart plan. Also for several years the top end of the stadium (1st bend) seems to have been used for parking so may be these cars will be moved to the lower end on a deal nothing to do with the current leaseholder of the stadium complex.

It is concerning that some people seem to being put off by the proposed arrangements. Living locally there does seem lots of interest in the re-opening so I think anyone not pre-booking could be taking a chance, but who knows. After the first week a lot of fans would probably just turn up, so the management need to clarify Unipart parking as the statement at the moment appears to apply you can only park there if you have pre-booked. If someone turns up and is refused Unipart parking I feel providing you are prepared to walk and check parking restrictions you will find somewhere.

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Can’t imagine 2500 turning up never mind 3-4000.Best of luck to the Promotion for the season.

Leicester had 4,500 for the first meeting back and about 3k for the next 3 or 4 meeting

6 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Leicester had 4,500 for the first meeting back and about 3k for the next 3 or 4 meeting

Might happen.Whats crowd levels for the last few seasons though.

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Might happen.Whats crowd levels for the last few seasons though.

Decent for an established team. But the point you origianlly made was you couldnt see 2,500+ turning up and I would say its likely to happy for at least the first few meetings

Last season in top flight was poor, and resulted in mid season pull out and theConference league finishing the season under the new ownership of Alan Trump. Alan wanted to continue with second division the following season, but landlords wanted to stop speedway at the stadium. The top flight team was poor it was unable to find a star rider as they wanted to ride for teams that already had stars.

The new promotion have invested heavily in changes to make the racing better,  and if they can also maintain a competitive team the 2 factors will help with crowd levels. Like every track in the country they will have the challenge of the cost of living crisis.

8 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Decent for an established team. But the point you origianlly made was you couldnt see 2,500+ turning up and I would say its likely to happy for at least the first few meetings

What’s decent.?

What riding order to go with?

1. Troy Batchelor

2. Jack Thomas

3. Kyle Newman

4. Cameron Heeps

5. Scott Nicholls

6. Dillon Ruml

7. Josh MacDonald

Edited by szkocjasid