British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

Courtney running  Oxford apparently 

They wanted Friday nights in champ but good old Godfrey refused them Friday nights in champ. 

So God knows what day and league Oxford will be in now 

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Courtney running  Oxford apparently 

They wanted Friday nights in champ but good old Godfrey refused them Friday nights in champ. 

So God knows what day and league Oxford will be in now 

Refused in the interests of Scunthorpe Speedway of course

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

If Oxford are going Championship, then Chris Harris has made a cock-up by signing for 2 Championship teams.

Perhaps he was signing for Oxford in the premiership but now can’t as Oxford will be championship

10 minutes ago, Ian68 said:

Great idea NOT

Given yous a taste of how the rest of us are being messed about by the head mafia boss haha

56 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Godfrey will be the death of British Speedway.

It's a sensible move! Clubs struggle on Fridays as it is for guests etc. You only have to look at the prem when all 6 teams are riding and guests are needed

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

It's a sensible move! Clubs struggle on Fridays as it is for guests etc. You only have to look at the prem when all 6 teams are riding and guests are needed

Steps need to be being made to move away from clashes of fixtures so guests are less of an issues. Not just say we can't have more Friday tracks because guests might not be available. I understand that injuries occur, but R/R should be used where possible. Guests should be a last resort ideally.

17 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Surely the best move is for clubs to operate on the race night that gives them the greatest chance of sustainable success? I wouldn't be opposed to the CL being run mostly or even solely on Friday nights. Guests or RR could still operate, maybe even utilise unattached guests as there will be plenty of NDL riders out of work. Forcing clubs to run on non-optimal days and then questioning why they are closing at an alarming rate is a hallamark of the current mafia board. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Steps need to be being made to move away from clashes of fixtures so guests are less of an issues. Not just say we can't have more Friday tracks because guests might not be available. I understand that injuries occur, but R/R should be used where possible. Guests should be a last resort ideally.

But if there was a simpler option of Oxford just choosing a different night that they're happy with then it makes even more sense.

I swear people think Godfrey has this almighty power. It will have been discussed, amongst ALL promoters and Oxford will have made their case too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Surely the best move is for clubs to operate on the race night that gives them the greatest chance of sustainable success? I wouldn't be opposed to the CL being run mostly or even solely on Friday nights. Guests or RR could still operate, maybe even utilise unattached guests as there will be plenty of NDL riders out of work. Forcing clubs to run on non-optimal days and then questioning why they are closing at an alarming rate is a hallamark of the current mafia board. 

So, if only on a Friday, what would Newcastle, as a for instance, do?  Forced to run NDL only?

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

So, if only on a Friday, what would Newcastle, as a for instance, do?  Forced to run NDL only?

Another one bites the dust... They're building towards one league of 8-10 teams in a few years plus a very weak NDL... I can picture it now