British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

21 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Oxford are getting it right.

Great top 2 with a couple of very experienced second strings on very low averages.

Room for another big hitter as you've got just over 14 points left. 

Yes, agree Bassoon, Kyle can improve his average without doubt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Then 5.03 with British reduction!

Does he get a second British reduction because he didn't ride in 2021? Then it'd be 4.90

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Then 5.03 with British reduction!

Does he get a second British reduction because he didn't ride in 2021? Then it'd be 4.90

He did for nearly half of it? 

23 hours ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Oxford are getting it right.

Great top 2 with a couple of very experienced second strings on very low averages.

Room for another big hitter as you've got just over 14 points left. 

23 hours ago, FromBendThree said:

Yes, agree Bassoon, Kyle can improve his average without doubt.

I believe both Newman & Heeps especially can up their aves, alongside 2 x nine point men, that's a strong looking team so far!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, gazzac said:

He did for nearly half of it? 

If you include both the KOC meetings and league matches, Kyle posted figures including BP of 7.10 for Eastie or 5.80 without his bonus points..

Thats more of a form guide..

10 hours ago, M.D said:

If you include both the KOC meetings and league matches, Kyle posted figures including BP of 7.10 for Eastie or 5.80 without his bonus points..

Thats more of a form guide..

Shows the way he was going really, last time I saw him ride was heat 15 against Edinburgh and would have beaten Sam Masters for a 5/1 to win the meeting had it not been for an e/f on the last lap, if he gets back to that and above and gets dialled into the Oxford track should be a good signing.

Come on Oxford fans, not a lot of opinion on here about him apart from some Poole and Eastie fans :rolleyes:.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Shows the way he was going really, last time I saw him ride was heat 15 against Edinburgh and would have beaten Sam Masters for a 5/1 to win the meeting had it not been for an e/f on the last lap, if he gets back to that and above and gets dialled into the Oxford track should be a good signing.

Come on Oxford fans, not a lot of opinion on here about him apart from some Poole and Eastie fans :rolleyes:.

Liked him in his spell with Brummies and was shipped out too soon in my opinion.

He seemed to settle very well at Eastie in 2019 and 2021 until financial problems came along and a very clever signing by Oxford.

If he rides at 2 or 4 is very handy second string who can beat any Heat Leader on his day and great team man. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, gazzac said:

Like a lot of riders, whenever he seemed to make progress had some bad injuries which put him back again. Was pleased  to have him at Eastbourne, hope he has an injury free, productive season. 

Really liked Kyle from when he rode for Newcastle, 100% trier, shame he's probably not kicked on as much as I thought he would but in fairness he has had some pretty bad injuries.

• Like 3

More than happy with the team so far, next signing to be announced tomorrow at  7am 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Do Oxford have many fans? Mainly other fans posting on here 

I guess we won't know how many until April.

27 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Do Oxford have many fans? Mainly other fans posting on here 

I doubt many Oxford fans come on here or even know about the forum as the club has been shut for 14 years.

4 minutes ago, Tim G said:

I doubt many Oxford fans come on here or even know about the forum as the club has been shut for 14 years.

Could have a problem  with crowd numbers then I  would have thought?