British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

17 hours ago, lewy said:

Hopefully they've done their homework they may well have some decent sponsorship on board , I wish them well this coming season and many more.

The new promotion have been working on this venture for quite a while now & they are rather good at it ,, just look how Berwick is run 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

The new promotion have been working on this venture for quite a while now & they are rather good at it ,, just look how Berwick is run 

Yes I agree things are looking positive for Oxford :t:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Justgotmecpc said:

There’s only one person at both Oxford and Berwick, Jamie Courtney, and he is not the money man behind Oxford, he’s just fronting it as they need someone with a license

• Like 5

Does anyone have an idea on Oxfords last 2 riders ??.

Not being mischevious, but don't suppose they are holding fire to see how the Poole situation pans out ??

Most others seem sorted. Edinb/Poole we know the not naming  is due to keeping quiet until they know stadium situations are clarified, and Birmingham came late to the party so have had to a degree had to sweep up riders not commited elsewhere already.

Anyone out there maybe with some possible inside info ??

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

There’s only one person at both Oxford and Berwick, Jamie Courtney, and he is not the money man behind Oxford, he’s just fronting it as they need someone with a license

Yeah I know & I never mentioned money as money can destroy a club if it's not run or promoted properly ,,, or there's been 2 much paid out on riders on big contracts (   look at 2018 Workington ) cleaned up then closed down so clubs need to be promoted properly & cut there cloth 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Does anyone have an idea on Oxfords last 2 riders ??.

Not being mischevious, but don't suppose they are holding fire to see how the Poole situation pans out ??

Most others seem sorted. Edinb/Poole we know the not naming  is due to keeping quiet until they know stadium situations are clarified, and Birmingham came late to the party so have had to a degree had to sweep up riders not commited elsewhere already.

Anyone out there maybe with some possible inside info ??

Don’t think the Stadium situation is any thing to do with the Edinburgh situation.

• Like 1

So does anyone have any idea of Oxford's last 2 riders ??

Looking at the final GSA's and whats left I can only come up with maybe Crump ?? and one of Ablitt/Mulford as maybe just squeezing in after taking the 2.5% UK riders discount into effect. Unless I have missed someone.

Still have this feeling that Poole & Oxford will snap one or the other of the 2 promising 17 year olds. Also considering I believe both live in the South.

Does anyone have any knowledge on what may be happening on those last 2 slots ??

Last 2 riders announced tomorrow at 7am

20 minutes ago, Matt Davis said:

Last 2 riders announced tomorrow at 7am

Going to be interesting as the 5 announced seems to have a strength in depth feel to it already. May also give us a clue to who Poole will have maybe as there number 7.

Will be good to see how the 7 look compared to Poole as will be good meetings between those 2 I feel this season.

Josh Macdonald and Dillon Ryml are the last. Two. Good team with strength in depth. I will definitely be going there next season for Pirates away fixtures, great track, always enjoyed my visits there. 

Looks a cracking team that. One to beat IMO. 2 top heat leaders, strength n depth, heeps and Newman potentially on a snip of average if can find old form and potential in ruml and Thomas. Macdonald never impressed me that much but 3rd season now has to be improvement there. 

Looks a reasonable side....not League winning IMO....the only one that I can see improving his average is possibly Jack Thomas....(wish we could've kept him)

Batchelor is very hot/cold....Nicholls is great at this level, but not getting any younger and may struggle if he doesn't make starts....

Good luck to Oxford....great to see a 'new' speedway venture, instead of the usual doom and gloom.

22 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Looks a reasonable side....not League winning IMO....the only one that I can see improving his average is possibly Jack Thomas....(wish we could've kept him)

Batchelor is very hot/cold....Nicholls is great at this level, but not getting any younger and may struggle if he doesn't make starts....

Good luck to Oxford....great to see a 'new' speedway venture, instead of the usual doom and gloom.

Batchelor is more reliable at this level and I can't see Nicholls level dropping. Heep is on a very low average and Thomas has a lot of potential. It seems a very well balanced team, play off material in my view. 

• Like 4