British Speedway Forum
CowleyCheetahs

Oxford Cheetahs 2022

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Tuesday would make sense,Kent used to be Tuesday. Where is crescent girl???

Bedtime for him these days:D

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Looking forward to the Silver Machine coming to tapes in 2022. ;)

Looks like the confused Poole fan doesn't remember Oxford as the Silver Machine , maybe thinking of when Kings Lynn were known as the Silver Machine 

6 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Looks like the confused Poole fan doesn't remember Oxford as the Silver Machine , maybe thinking of when Kings Lynn were known as the Silver Machine 

Well he should remember, not that long ago! He's been going longer than me and I definitely remember it.

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well he should remember, not that long ago! He's been going longer than me and I definitely remember it.

Both clubs run by Nigel Wagstaff and maybe the wink face is hinting at a return

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Yes I remember! Interesting if that's what they mean!

On 11/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, crescent girl said:

Wrong threàd.  They wont be Championship.

Well, while my earlier statement of expectation  was correct at the time of posting, since then the Premiership - despite crying out for more tracks - have seemingly closed ranks to refuse Oxford admittance to "the club".

Thus, despite a wish to come back as a PL circuit, the new Cheetahs will therefore indeed now be welcomed to the "better league".

I turn out to be wrong in my earlier post, and apologise.  Glad to have a new, vibrant, organisation joing to CL tho..... 

Edited by crescent girl
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, while my statement of expectation  was correct at the time of posting, since then the Premiership - despite crying out for more tracks - have seemingly closed ranks to refuse Oxford admittance to "the club".

Thus, despite a wish to come back as a PL circuit, the new Cheetahs will therefore indeed now be welcomed to the "better league".

I turn out to be wrong in my earlier post, and apologise.  Glad to have a new, vibrant, organisation joing to CL tho..... 

Strange to not let them in when only 6 there! Yet they were persuading Poole to come back up!

If Oxford are in the Championship glad they will be in the same league as Poole :t:

22 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, while my statement of expectation  was correct at the time of posting, since then the Premiership - despite crying out for more tracks - have seemingly closed ranks to refuse Oxford admittance to "the club".

There are fans that believe the BSPA is not a corrupt self interest group.:rolleyes:

How's that going to effect Courtney and Harris at Berwick? Presumably cant promote 2 teams in same league and people have said on here Harris has signed for both Oxford and Berwick?

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

How's that going to effect Courtney and Harris at Berwick? Presumably cant promote 2 teams in same league and people have said on here Harris has signed for both Oxford and Berwick?

???????

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

No problem.Berwick in Premiership:(

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Nope, not hinting at anything. The name just tickles me. Oxford should return as their true and proper name the Cheetahs.