British Speedway Forum
brianbuck

Birmingham Speedway - crucial meeting

Yes I'll second that. Please look after your fans they are so loyal and need treating properly.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, Pieman72 said:

We were stopped from going in the bar for a pint and a warm and reduced to a hole in the wall serving £4-50 lager plus stodge and chips. It was made clear we couldn't consume something healthy brought by ourselves plus my wife is a type 1 diabetic. The racing was poor and viewing constricted. Having spent years attending the most basic stadiums and fields watching Grasstrack it was a dreadful experience. For a new or occasional supporter they would never return. The stadium and speedway are separate entities but it's up the to the speedway team to negotiate something that make the paying fans welcome and wanted. I won't be returning. 

who stopped you going in the bar ? Where was this "hole in the wall serving £4.50 lager plus stodge and chips"? ----  chips unfortunately were not available as many fans wanted ...only chilli and rice, curry and rice, pie and mash and if ordered sausage and mash and this is all controlled by the stadium with the speedway having nothing to do with the catering and bars. It is their ruling that food and drink cannot be brought in as it is at some other stadiums. The promotion did try to request different menus but they are awaiting their kitchens being renovated and extractors replaced hence no chips, burgers etc . Sorry you regarded it as a dreadful experience . 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

who stopped you going in the bar ? Where was this "hole in the wall serving £4.50 lager plus stodge and chips"? ----  chips unfortunately were not available as many fans wanted ...only chilli and rice, curry and rice, pie and mash and if ordered sausage and mash and this is all controlled by the stadium with the speedway having nothing to do with the catering and bars. It is their ruling that food and drink cannot be brought in as it is at some other stadiums. The promotion did try to request different menus but they are awaiting their kitchens being renovated and extractors replaced hence no chips, burgers etc . Sorry you regarded it as a dreadful experience . 

I'm not getting into spat. I stated what happened I don't tell lies and I'm not justifying what I said. If the speedway and greyhounds can't or won't accommodate loyal genuine decent paying customers it very sad. No wonder attendances are falling through the floor.

• Like 1

I completely understand sorry but if their behaviour is not addressed then the situation will get worse. If a supporter is prepared to pay £40 plus a couple of pints then look after them it's not rocket science. Most travelling people would probably bring a flask and sandwiches and probably supplement that with some chips and a couple of pints. Banning consumption of bought food is going to annoy most people it's not a pub. I always take something as you never know what facilities if any are available. It's so petty and stupid. Good luck to hopefully a new era at Birmingham.

Edited by Pieman72

3 hours ago, Pieman72 said:

I completely understand sorry but if their behaviour is not addressed then the situation will get worse. If a supporter is prepared to pay £40 plus a couple of pints then look after them it's not rocket science. Most travelling people would probably bring a flask and sandwiches and probably supplement that with some chips and a couple of pints. Banning consumption of bought food is going to annoy most people it's not a pub. I always take something as you never know what facilities if any are available. It's so petty and stupid. Good luck to hopefully a new era at Birmingham.

I think the Birmingham promotion agree with you totally but if the stadium owners want to enforce those rules, there's not much they can do about it. Like Speedwayfan says, they have tried to reason with the owners but they don't seem to want to see reason. It's the way landlords operate unfortunately. 

good luck this evening

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I think the Birmingham promotion agree with you totally but if the stadium owners want to enforce those rules, there's not much they can do about it. Like Speedwayfan says, they have tried to reason with the owners but they don't seem to want to see reason. It's the way landlords operate unfortunately. 

They're probably angry because they can't knock it down because it's listed greedy £$%**.