British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Endeavour

Armadale Devils 2022

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Devils in 2021.

Any news of team for 2022?

Potential team if 2021 team building rules remain in place?

Armadale
William Lawson 8.72
Danny Phillips 7.11
George Rothery 6.07
Gregor Miller 3.20
Archie Freeman 3.00
Lewis Miller 3.00
Danny Smith 3.00
Total 34.10

Armadale 2022?  
William Lawson 8.10
Danny Phillips 7.90
Tom Woolley 7.53
George Rothery 4.92
Joe Alcock 4.36
Gregor Miller 3.88
Lewis Miller 3.00
Total 39.69

This team fits!

Armadale 2022?  
Danny Phillips 7.90
William Lawson 7.82
Tom Woolley 7.43
George Rothery 4.92
Josh Embleton 4.83
Gregor Miller 3.88
Lewis Miller 3.00
Total 39.78
  • Like 2

No mention of Devils last night on Monarchs team reveal. Are they running next year?

14 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

No mention of Devils last night on Monarchs team reveal. Are they running next year?

Yes, they're running.

Would expect Danny Phillips, Tom Woolley, George Rothery, and the Millars to be back.  Thought they'd also go for Archie Freeman, but he's at Belle Vue.  Presume they'll need a big hitter to replace the retired Nathan Greaves.

Would be nice to see Willie Lawson in the Armadale side... Or else he's not gonna get a ride anywhere. Not sure if he's classed as a big hitter or not though, but it may allow for a little extra strength in depth. Both the Millars at reserve, George Rothery at 2 rather than 4 etc...

18 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Would be nice to see Willie Lawson in the Armadale side... Or else he's not gonna get a ride anywhere. Not sure if he's classed as a big hitter or not though, but it may allow for a little extra strength in depth. Both the Millars at reserve, George Rothery at 2 rather than 4 etc...

Lawson did some NDL meetings last year covering for Greaves after Greaves retired, but Lawson hasn't got a CL place this year, so would it be worth his while gearing up for just NDL?   I can understand him doing some NDL last year because he was already set up to ride CL, but maybe not worth it this year.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:02 PM, PotteringAround said:

Lawson did some NDL meetings last year covering for Greaves after Greaves retired, but Lawson hasn't got a CL place this year, so would it be worth his while gearing up for just NDL?   I can understand him doing some NDL last year because he was already set up to ride CL, but maybe not worth it this year.

I can see this happening, 

Unfortunately Lawson doesn't seem to have the equipment to get him through the championship league, but even after he was axed he was still there for the second half every week, he seems very passionate about speedway still, having him in the devils would be a very good advantage, plus he could still share his skills and experience with the younger aspiring riders. Will never forget how Lawson used to fly round Armadale in his prime

I can see the Armadale side lining up exactly how it finished last season. It would be a team 2.5 points under the limit and means that Danny Phillips starts at number 1. I can only see RTD replacing Lewis Millar as any possible team strengthening and that would rock the boat a little.

On 1/7/2022 at 9:05 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

I can see the Armadale side lining up exactly how it finished last season. It would be a team 2.5 points under the limit and means that Danny Phillips starts at number 1. I can only see RTD replacing Lewis Millar as any possible team strengthening and that would rock the boat a little.

I personally don't see Armadale replacing a 3.00 local rider for a 5.00 man who travels for home meetings.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I personally don't see Armadale replacing a 3.00 local rider for a 5.00 man who travels for home meetings.

Depends if he travels or is already going to be there anyways? Personally I think he is more likely to end up in a strong Oxford side but theres still an outside chance.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Depends if he travels or is already going to be there anyways? Personally I think he is more likely to end up in a strong Oxford side but theres still an outside chance.

RTD may be in the team, but I think it would be alongside Rothery & the 2 Millars rather than replacing them.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 10:22 PM, daza313 said:

I can see this happening, 

Unfortunately Lawson doesn't seem to have the equipment to get him through the championship league, but even after he was axed he was still there for the second half every week, he seems very passionate about speedway still, having him in the devils would be a very good advantage, plus he could still share his skills and experience with the younger aspiring riders. Will never forget how Lawson used to fly round Armadale in his prime

I signed Willie in 2002 to ride in my new Gems team, along with Jamie Robertson. He was a natural from the start, but we lost him that year with a broken leg, after being hit after falling by a following rider. His style was almost identical to David Bargh and later Kenny Larsen, going in hard with full lock on, and able to exit the 2nd and 4th bends wheels in line and power still on. But for his mechanic, and moving around the Northern teams, he would have been a top rider in the second league. Still looks  the same, with the same boyish looks he had then.