British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Speedway In Memoriam Website

Was Reg Craven any relation to Peter or Brian, or perhaps Malcolm Craven.??

6 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

Was Reg Craven any relation to Peter or Brian, or perhaps Malcolm Craven.??

Reg Craven was the elder brother of Malcolm and Gil Craven.

I would have thought Alan Grahame deserved a mention somewhere on there.

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

I would have thought Alan Grahame deserved a mention somewhere on there.

Unfortunately, I have to draw the line somewhere, and Alan has been retired from speedway for many years...

On 11/7/2021 at 10:40 PM, chunky said:

Here is the link to the fabulous Speedway in Memoriam website:

http://speedwayinmemoriam.yolasite.com/

I am NOT being morbid but when - and for whom - was an entry last made on the Memoriam website?

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

I am NOT being morbid but when - and for whom - was an entry last made on the Memoriam website?

You literally quoted a link to the website in your post.    Why don't you just click on it and have a look?

If you did, you'd see that Danny Ayres has been added.   And before you make any crass comments, I'd point out that Danny was a good friend of many on this website.  Myself included.

1 hour ago, JohnHyam said:

I entered three about a month ago. It was for Johann Ammer, Arthur Green, and Barry Sams. I get people emailing me info.

Edited by chunky

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

If you did, you'd see that Danny Ayres has been added.   And before you make any crass comments, I'd point out that Danny was a good friend of many on this website.  Myself included.

I'm sure he has never heard of Danny, so that probably won't mean anything to him.

8 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

You literally quoted a link to the website in your post.    Why don't you just click on it and have a look?

6 hours ago, chunky said:

I'm sure he has never heard of Danny, so that probably won't mean anything to him.

IMO two unfounded comments. When Danny Ayres sadly and radically died there was much comment regarding it on the BSF and elsewhere like FACEBOOK for example.

23 minutes ago, JohnHyam said:

IMO two unfounded comments. When Danny Ayres sadly and radically died there was much comment regarding it on the BSF and elsewhere like FACEBOOK for example.

Why is my comment "unfounded"? You don't know many riders from the last 50 years, and you admit that you don't follow the sport now. Why should I think you would know someone like Danny Ayres?

10 hours ago, chunky said:

I entered three about a month ago. It was for Johann Ammer, Arthur Green, and Barry Sams. I get people emailing me info.

I have just seen that You have a Swiss rider listed as Max Aesi, the name is in fact Max Aebi.

Edited by Bavarian

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Why is my comment "unfounded"? You don't know many riders from the last 50 years, and you admit that you don't follow the sport now. Why should I think you would know someone like Danny Ayres?

And he doesn't answer the question that, if he wanted to know who the most recent death recorded on the website is, why didn't he just click on the website link and have a look?