British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

2 riders have agreed terms but not signed up yet!! Matt's initial 1-7 has already changed at least once!

Furry muff, poor choice of words by me.

17 hours ago, spin king said:

Because they need more teams in the Premiership.

Poole are the obvious choice from the Championship.

They have the rider assets and the support.

Is that why you call yourself 'spin' king? :lol:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DBP said:

Seeing as a bigger premiership is required why would anyone in their right mind turn them down. If this is true its a pathetic decision

Maybe the BSPA are paying more attention to due diligence and want to see Oxford build up a solid foundation and reputation with the new management/promotion before allowing them into the Premiership. It's all to easy to allow 'someone' in to save a club, a league etc without a view to a long term existence which the BSPA, imo, have done so many times in the past only for it all to go poop. Ian Jordan & BMR are just 2 examples of many before.

Jason Doyle, great to hear that he's coming back to race in the UK and it would be great to see many more of his ilk come back to ride here especially given the financial problems that Swedish speedway is facing with very low crowds as reported in the speedway star a couple of weeks ago.

Shocking to see the attendance figures in Sweden & the league structure struggling, I hope things can pick back up over there because in Rickardsson's day it was thriving. 

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Maybe the BSPA are paying more attention to due diligence and want to see Oxford build up a solid foundation and reputation with the new management/promotion before allowing them into the Premiership. It's all to easy to allow 'someone' in to save a club, a league etc without a view to a long term existence which the BSPA, imo, have done so many times in the past only for it all to go poop. Ian Jordan & BMR are just 2 examples of many before.

Jason Doyle, great to hear that he's coming back to race in the UK and it would be great to see many more of his ilk come back to ride here especially given the financial problems that Swedish speedway is facing with very low crowds as reported in the speedway star a couple of weeks ago.

Shocking to see the attendance figures in Sweden & the league structure struggling, I hope things can pick back up over there because in Rickardsson's day it was thriving. 

Wasn't Covid restrictions heavily part of the subsequent crowd levels? 

They seem to still be signing up some of the very best talent considering they are 'struggling', so I presume they feel all should be well again next season? 

A real kick in the nuts of reality for me & fellow Robins fans with Doyley & Tobi signed up for the UK in 2022:-(

If I am understanding correctly Jason Doyle will race in Britain in 2022 as well as Sweden & still be in the Polish league. will this make him the first rider to put two fingers up to the restrictive Polish contract restrictions?

If it is well done Jason Doyle.

29 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

A real kick in the nuts of reality for me & fellow Robins fans with Doyley & Tobi signed up for the UK in 2022:-(

Wonder if Mr Russell will still be allowed to gain easy money from loan deals while the club shows zero hope of returning?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Technik said:

If I am understanding correctly Jason Doyle will race in Britain in 2022 as well as Sweden & still be in the Polish league. will this make him the first rider to put two fingers up to the restrictive Polish contract restrictions?

No way- it`s UK OR Sweden NOT both.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Technik said:

As far as I know, not a single rider has stood up to the Polish regulations, a bit sad really!

Would've taken Zmarzlik, Woffy, Doyle, Dudek, Pedersen, Madsen, Sayfutdinov etc to stand together to stop it happening!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

As far as I know, not a single rider has stood up to the Polish regulations, a bit sad really!

Would've taken Zmarzlik, Woffy, Doyle, Dudek, Pedersen, Madsen, Sayfutdinov etc to stand together to stop it happening!

I think it would take just a single SGP rider to start the ball rolling.

Jason would be the first choice, He has already said he prefers to race than practice so more league racing would suit him. Or Nicki Pedersen who is in the twilight of his career would he go to race in Poland Sweden Denmark & UK as a final swansong, maybe Chris Holder who is not at his World Champion form but still a top star in league racing. I can't see the Polish nationals jumping ship as they have to much at stake with selection for SGP SoN & SEC events in the hands of their version of the BSPA.

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

It won’t happen though.Money talks,these riders are getting more for signing on than they can earn in a season in UK.They know where there bread is buttered;)

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It won’t happen though.Money talks,these riders are getting more for signing on than they can earn in a season in UK.They know where there bread is buttered;)

Precisely,  why would a top rider riding in Poland want all the hassle of travelling back to the UK for little reward and some weeks having to do it twice in the same week.

43 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No way- it`s UK OR Sweden NOT both.

He announced on Facebook to Swedish fans that he will not be riding there in 2022 as he will be riding in England.

13 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

Precisely,  why would a top rider riding in Poland want all the hassle of travelling back to the UK for little reward and some weeks having to do it twice in the same week.

Maybe ask Doyley!!