British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Wasn't Covid restrictions heavily part of the subsequent crowd levels? 

They seem to still be signing up some of the very best talent considering they are 'struggling', so I presume they feel all should be well again next season? 

Possibly was due to covid but if clubs av lost a fortune they may not be able to operate at the same level for the foreseeable future.

Speedway Star painted a pretty grim picture of Swedish speedway.

Elitserien winners Dackarna cud only attract 989 to the home leg of the Grand Final with a top 5 of Woffinden, Doyle, Janowski, Thorssell & Jensen. No wonder the money isn't there, is that partly why Doyle left?

Dunno, I'm going by what was reported.

47 minutes ago, Technik said:

I think it would take just a single SGP rider to start the ball rolling.

Jason would be the first choice, He has already said he prefers to race than practice so more league racing would suit him. Or Nicki Pedersen who is in the twilight of his career would he go to race in Poland Sweden Denmark & UK as a final swansong, maybe Chris Holder who is not at his World Champion form but still a top star in league racing. I can't see the Polish nationals jumping ship as they have to much at stake with selection for SGP SoN & SEC events in the hands of their version of the BSPA.

Don’t think Chris is even a top star in league racing anymore & maybe if he’s now allowed to ride in Britain it would really help his form.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

I think it would take just a single SGP rider to start the ball rolling.

Jason would be the first choice, He has already said he prefers to race than practice so more league racing would suit him. Or Nicki Pedersen who is in the twilight of his career would he go to race in Poland Sweden Denmark & UK as a final swansong, maybe Chris Holder who is not at his World Champion form but still a top star in league racing. I can't see the Polish nationals jumping ship as they have to much at stake with selection for SGP SoN & SEC events in the hands of their version of the BSPA.

doyle is SGP rider and possibly will be joined by fricke if the rumours are true ? so that's 2 current SGP riders to ride in England next season :t:

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

Precisely,  why would a top rider riding in Poland want all the hassle of travelling back to the UK for little reward and some weeks having to do it twice in the same week.

lot easier to jump on plane to england after friday or sunday meeting in poland less than 2 hour flight travelling to sweden means you are hanging around until tuesday and its a 15 hour drive !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Don’t think Chris is even a top star in league racing anymore & maybe if he’s now allowed to ride in Britain it would really help his form.

Chris is riding in Sweden and Poland next year, he's just tweeted his Polish team he signed for on twitter well I assume that's what it is, I haven't tried to translate it! Though not sure if it is top league Poland. 

1 hour ago, Clive Ward said:

Precisely,  why would a top rider riding in Poland want all the hassle of travelling back to the UK for little reward and some weeks having to do it twice in the same week.

For some it's not always about how much money they ride for it's also about track time.

And next season Sweden, as reported in the Star, won't be able to afford to av the line ups of star riders that they've previously had in teams.

Hence some of them could seek to ride in the UK next season like Doyle.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Chris is riding in Sweden and Poland next year, he's just tweeted his Polish team he signed for on twitter well I assume that's what it is, I haven't tried to translate it! Though not sure if it is top league Poland. 

it's ostrow who got promoted to top league last season !! so he can only ride in one more league !!

2 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

For some it's not always about how much money they ride for it's also about track time.

And next season Sweden, as reported in the Star, won't be able to afford to av the line ups of star riders that they've previously had in teams.

Hence some of them could seek to ride in the UK next season like Doyle.

also there is the doubt whether they will get paid for their efforts ? be interesting to see how the crowds are next season their ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSS1 said:

it's ostrow who got promoted to top league last season !! so he can only ride in one more league !!

Already signed for a Swedish team so that's him out of UK then? I wonder if Poole moved back up, he would ride in UK instead of Sweden? He's kinda been burnt a bit by some UK clubs in the past (KL sacked him for refusing to ride) and Ippo wouldn't or couldn't wait for him to sort out his visa apparently..?

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Already signed for a Swedish team so that's him out of UK then? I wonder if Poole moved back up, he would ride in UK instead of Sweden? He's kinda been burnt a bit by some UK clubs in the past (KL sacked him for refusing to ride) and Ippo wouldn't or couldn't wait for him to sort out his visa apparently..?

well it won't be next season  he his signed up for his 2 leagues then !!

Riding for Oxford in the NDL

Team being built for strength in depth with a big scoring wily old campaigner to lead the team

Haven't heard who the club are looking at to fill the WOC role. JD should slot in as 3 or 5

Edited by Triple.H.