British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
a4poster

TeamGB Merchandise.

Following on from the success of TeamGB in the Speedway of Nations I visited the TeamGB website in a view to purchasing some merchandise - http:// https://shop.gbspeedwayteam.com/ - I was surprised that most of the items were/are out of stock.

On the Monday following the on track success I contacted them via email to see if they would be having any new stock in?  To date I have had no response.  I keep checking online to see if the shop has been updated but alas no.

Surely following the on-track success the people involved in running TeamGB are missing a trick by not trying to cash in.

Edited by a4poster
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

I guess that most of the stuff is sold out because it was the 2020 range. :o   Daft as it seems, (and even more unbelievably) there doesn't seem to be a 2021 range, let alone a SoN Winners range. Still, this is British Speedway, what do you expect?

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

The fact that only 3 people care enough to comment on this post suggests they have got it right. 

I did look at buying some merchandise to wear when attending the SoN, it was sold out then, I didn't comment on it but am now... so you can make that 4

Wanting to buy something at a match is different from setting up a mail order system for a team that only has a few outings a year. Poland v GB scarves sold very well at Glasgow but that was a souvenir of attending the event. I can't see them being worn at league matches. A market was identified, a supply made available, they were sold and presumably a profit made. Job done until the next one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

The fact that only 3 people care enough to comment on this post suggests they have got it right. 

You think a a mug and some reduced stock they couldn't shift in 2020 is 'getting it right'?   With it being nearly Christmas and them being crowned World Champions I was looking for some present ideas but sadly not.  They are seriously missing a trick here. 

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Wanting to buy something at a match is different from setting up a mail order system for a team that only has a few outings a year. Poland v GB scarves sold very well at Glasgow but that was a souvenir of attending the event. I can't see them being worn at league matches. A market was identified, a supply made available, they were sold and presumably a profit made. Job done until the next one. 

Brilliant.  So next time I have to travel 360 miles to buy merchandise. 

4 hours ago, Noodles said:

Brilliant.  So next time I have to travel 360 miles to buy merchandise. 

Not at all I'm sure a Glasgow fan would be only too happy to purchase a scarf on your behalf and post it to you, obviously with an administrative/finders fee + p&p

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ghosty said:

@ 99 squid you are having a laugh, would cost £5 - £15 max to produce.... 

Taylor Lanning's got to pay for that camera he's dropped!

Just a personal opinion but the montage looks a bit of a mess to me

On 11/11/2021 at 1:12 PM, Ghosty said:

@ 99 squid you are having a laugh, would cost £5 - £15 max to produce.... 

Point me in the right direction then, if you can find me someone who does metre square printed canvases for under 20 quid I'll send you a tenner for everyone we sell as you'll be saving us a fortune.

9 hours ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Point me in the right direction then, if you can find me someone who does metre square printed canvases for under 20 quid I'll send you a tenner for everyone we sell as you'll be saving us a fortune.

Why does the Peterborough canvas have neither Ulrich or the Premiership trophy in it?