British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
old bob at herne bay

Oxford Cheetah Cubs 2022

3 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Planning on coming down from Leicester for tomoorows play off between the Chargers and the Cubs but don't want to book on line if it's not entirely necessary.  Does anyone know if we can just turn up and pay at the gate?  Thanks!

Ridiculous if you can't just turn up and pay

15 hours ago, mc131 said:

Ridiculous if you can't just turn up and pay

Why is it 'ridiculous'?        Since lock-down forced the issue, cash has become nearly redundant in many transactions. 

Once upon a time, you could turn up at a cinema with empty jam-jars or milk bottles instead of cash.    Times change, processes move on.       

I'm sure Oxford won't be the only club  -- or business in other fields --requiring only electronic payments as the norm in future -- and that we'll quickly become used to the process.

Edited by crescent girl

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Why is it 'ridiculous'?        Since lock-down forced the issue, cash has become nearly redundant in many transactions. 

Once upon a time, you could turn up at a cinema with empty jam-jars or milk bottles instead of cash.    Times change, processes move on.       

I'm sure Oxford won't be the only club  -- or business in other fields --requiring only electronic payments as the norm in future -- and that we'll quickly become used to the process.

Who said anything about paying with cash? You can’t pay by card at the gate either…

Edited by baiden
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I should be able to choose how I pay for something not forced on me.

Edited by mc131
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mc131 said:

I should be able to choose how I pay for something not forced on me.

Sorry, the world has changed...

19 minutes ago, chunky said:

My mother recently lost her purse which contained her Debit Card...thankfully she had some cash. The replacement card took over a week to materialise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, baiden said:

Who said anything about paying with cash? You can’t pay by card at the gate either…

You would have thought that there was provision for "Contactless" transactions?

24 minutes ago, chunky said:

Not really only when forced to use I just choose not to go no issues with me

5 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Not really only when forced to use I just choose not to go no issues with me

When Lockdown was eased and you could venture further afield I wished to visit the local Arboretum only to find that you had to book in advance...an Arboretum of all places where social distancing wasn't an issue. When I went on line to book reluctantly (who would want to book in advance not knowing what the weather might be like?) only to find that there was a £1-50 booking fee...Sod that I said and didn't pursue with the booking out of priciple.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

When Lockdown was eased and you could venture further afield I wished to visit the local Arboretum only to find that you had to book in advance...an Arboretum of all places where social distancing wasn't an issue. When I went on line to book reluctantly (who would want to book in advance not knowing what the weather might be like?) only to find that there was a £1-50 booking fee...Sod that I said and didn't pursue with the booking out of priciple.

My thoughts exactly 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

You would have thought that there was provision for "Contactless" transactions?

You can pay on the gate for the greyhounds (cash or card). There is a booth ready and waiting to take your money. Always closed when speedway is in town, though.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, chunky said:

coin of the realm should be allowed anywhere, all cobblers card only .

• Like 2