15 hours ago, auntie doris said:

What size crowds are they getting?

Between 5 foot 4 & 6 foot 2!!!!

3 hours ago, Technik said:

Between 5 foot 4 & 6 foot 2!!!!

Nonsense..I saw a dwarf there last time

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Nonsense..I saw a dwarf there last time

There were 7 Oxford riders all feeling happy.  But Happy complained and they all started feeling grumpy.

23 hours ago, auntie doris said:

What size crowds are they getting?

I'd guess (not claiming any accuracy) 400-450 for the first and 500ish  for the second. (So as many as  four or five Championship tracks I've visited this season)

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 1:08 PM, arnieg said:

I'd guess (not claiming any accuracy) 400-450 for the first and 500ish  for the second. (So as many as  four or five Championship tracks I've visited this season)

Second Chargers crowd was in half term week and was nearer 1000 than 500. In any case, it was several hundred higher than the first Chargers meeting and the Oxford promotion were extremely pleased by the size of the crowd.

• Like 1

Just been reading Luke Killeen broke his leg in a very nasty crash at Redcar last night 

35 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Just been reading Luke Killeen broke his leg in a very nasty crash at Redcar last night 

He dislocated an ankle according to the BSPA website, which sounds very nasty.

2 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Second Chargers crowd was in half term week and was nearer 1000 than 500. In any case, it was several hundred higher than the first Chargers meeting and the Oxford promotion were extremely pleased by the size of the crowd.

I hope we have a good turn out from the Oxford faithful tonight. The Cubs have a decent following and this is a top of the table local derby. A good away following is always welcome.

12 minutes ago, False dawn said:

He dislocated an ankle according to the BSPA website, which sounds very nasty.

UPDATE
After last nights horrific looking crash in heat 1 of the NJL meeting it’s been confirmed in the last hour or so that Luke Killeen has unfortunately suffered a broken leg above the ankle Kyran Lyden went to A&E also last night and after a CT scan and X-rays on a sore arm has been very lucky to escape with just bumps and bruises. 
Get well soon lads from all at Redcar Speedway.

Edited by KEITH M

7 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

UPDATE
After last nights horrific looking crash in heat 1 of the NJL meeting it’s been confirmed in the last hour or so that Luke Killeen has unfortunately suffered a broken leg above the ankle Kyran Lyden went to A&E also last night and after a CT scan and X-rays on a sore arm has been very lucky to escape with just bumps and bruises. 
Get well soon lads from all at Redcar Speedway.

Thanks for the update, it really did look horrible.

Glad that Kyran is more or less Ok and hope Luke's leg heals well and quickly.

4 minutes ago, Fina said:

Thanks for the update, it really did look horrible.

Glad that Kyran is more or less Ok and hope Luke's leg heals well and quickly.

Yeah I was there also .. Could of been a lot lot worse 

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Does Jody Scott achieve an average after tonight or will Sunday be his 4th fixture? 

Depends if he's a guest?

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Depends if he's a guest?

I was led to believe that unattached riders still got an average after 4 matches. Didnt know if tonight was his 4th or after Kent tomorrow?

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I was led to believe that unattached riders still got an average after 4 matches. Didnt know if tonight was his 4th or after Kent tomorrow?

I've never heard that rule & certainly see no benefit in it!

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I've never heard that rule & certainly see no benefit in it!

I have been told it but dont know if its still active? 

The only benefit i can see is that it would prevent an unattached rider who is much better than his 3.00 grading taking multiple guest bookings a season, setting a high price and scoring big every meeting at reserve.  Obviously not a common tactic but entirely possible and could see results dictated by whoever gets the joker guest in.