British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

7 minutes ago, TTT said:

Watched 3 Heats half of these are way out of their depth and like Shovlar said they wouldn't hold down a team place in the Championship.

Tom Brennan should've been handed a position when you look at some of the riders in this line-up.

Not sure about that. Grahn and Henriksson are among the weaker riders but they cope with the Swedish Elitserien. And Salonen won his first ride. So who is out of their depth (apart from Celina)?

I do think Brennan and Hellstrom-Bangs would have been better wildcard picks than Grahn though.

• Like 1

Just now, arnieg said:

Not sure about that. Grahn and Henriksson are among the weaker riders but they cope with the Swedish Elitserien. And Salonen won his first ride. So who is out of their depth (apart from Celina)?

I do think Brennan and Hellstrom-Bangs would have been better wildcard picks than Grahn though.

Might be the track playing it's part actually considering Swidnicki was half a lap back before retiring in that one.

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

and Keynan Rew

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Might be the track playing it's part actually considering Swidnicki was half a lap back before retiring in that one.

That is speedway. The track usually plays a part.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yes as a racing spectacle it's woeful

Track has got appalling 

yes they are struggling with the dirt. shows how much control they really have

the track is perfect for a racer with the balls to go for it.

Track is woeful. Rider has just signalled the riders are dolphining.  Needs a break and bladed off.

• Like 1

Was a bit hasty with my earlier comments. This is all down to the track. It's appalling tbh.

What's the weather like tomorrow in Prague. Zmarzlik might be worth taking on if the track falls victim to the rain.

proper racer on this track would probably beat track record.

7 minutes ago, DazS said:

the track is perfect for a racer with the balls to go for it.

Obviously you are a ex rider!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, arnieg said:

It's about product development though isn't it. The product being SGP, SON and SGP. I imagine Rickardsson in particular has identified a huge gap in Swedish talent. Maybe they think Hellstrom Bangs will make it anyway. Maybe with Lambert and Bewley being young they don't see the need to develop another Brit.

Maybe not enough Brits have bought Discovery Sport + packages so why give a spot to a Brit. Or vice versa.

Lots of factors feeding into the decisions beyond having the best available field. Regardless everyone had the chance to qualify so can have no complaints if they didn't secure their place on track.

• Like 1

Most of these would be used to the dry and slick Polish tracks where its all about speed. Give them a track where they have to think and throttle control needed and its a different story.

Saying that, that seems to be speedway in general now

• Like 2