British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

1 minute ago, sommelier said:

Obviously you are a ex rider!

yes a long time ago 

1 minute ago, enotian said:

It's about product development though isn't it. The product being SGP, SON and SGP. I imagine Rickardsson in particular has identified a huge gap in Swedish talent. Maybe they think Hellstrom Bangs will make it anyway. Maybe with Lambert and Bewley being young they don't see the need to develop another Brit.

Maybe not enough Brits have bought Discovery Sport + packages so why give a spot to a Brit. Or vice versa.

Lots of factors feeding into the decisions beyond having the best available field. Regardless everyone had the chance to qualify so can have no complaints if they didn't secure their place on track.

That is the bottom line. Can't really understand the moaning. Brennan had his chance and failed to finish in the top 5 in his round. So might have tsruggled to finish in the top 8 here...Generally there are 3 or 4 riders in with a chance of winning and the rest are there to make up the numbers.....

• Like 2

Track not fit for racing again unfortunately. 

Seeing quite a lot of that this season.

This is now ridiculous. And the girl is going to get 2 points. Unless she also falls. As bad as the Swedish meeting last night. 

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be watching the Champions League Final tomorrow night if this is the state of the track.

Heart in mouth time for our young drivers. Heat 10 proving the track has now reached un-rideable levels. 

Celina could get a heat win if this carries on like this.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Celina could get a heat win if this carries on like this.

She is playing it safe

I remember another woman rider over a decade ago, who usually picked up a point or two by cruising round and not sliding in the bends, whereas the other youngsters at least tried and often failed

4 minutes ago, enotian said:

Looks like I'll be watching the Champions League Final tomorrow night if this is the state of the track.

I was going to record the GP and watch the CL Final but I don't know if I'm going to bother recording the GP altogether now.

The track is awful even on a good day. Never seen a good GP around the place but the weather is making it 1000% worse.

The only decent meetings I have seem from Prague have been rain impacted..

Maybe if could help the racing tomorrow..

Have to say the girl rider looks more butch than some of the boys. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have to say the girl rider looks more butch than some of the boys. 

Maybe they would prefer not to identify? 

Lets watch our pronouns please.... ;)

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

Heart in mouth time for our young drivers. Heat 10 proving the track has now reached un-rideable levels. 

I agree,  Only continuing to force myself to watch as I said I would do updates.

Celina's tactics in Heat 10 don't bother sliding, Just poodle round and hope Knudsen falls off.

Waste of a wildcard just to get a box ticked. Sorry but it has to be said when this is supposed to be a professional sport.

• Like 1