British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

1st Semi-Final has pretty much summed up this meeting tbh.

• Like 2

If Basso had remounted he would have been in the rerun. Idiot error.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Basso had remounted he would have been in the rerun. Idiot error.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry! Guess he was hoping for all 4 rerun considering it was on first bend, but he just ran into the back of someone and than span on his own.

Final was the best race in the meeting. Unlucky Kvech.

1st 20 points Cierniak

2nd 18 points Gusts

3rd 16 points Chlupac

4th 14 points Kvech

5th 12 points Salonen

6th 11 points Basso

7th 10 points Miskowiak

8th 9 points Knudsen

Edited by racers and royals

Should just leave the track alone now and start Ht 1 on it tomorrow just how it is...:D

• Like 2

still think Kvech is the best rider at this level this year

I have never rated that track, nothing tonight to make me change my mind.            
Definately some guys tonight who should have done better, but it was obvious the track was too tough for them.        
Kvetch was probably best rider tonight but the best racer was Gusts. He is developing into a very good rider.

Ok, so there was a female rider, fair enough to give one a chance, might spur other females to give it a go. Some tough females have taken to boxing. I don’t agree with boxing, but if females can do that they can do speedway. Anyone know why females can’t enter snooker alongside the men? 

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Definately some guys tonight who should have done better, but it was obvious the track was too tough for them.        
Kvetch was probably best rider tonight but the best racer was Gusts. He is developing into a very good rider.

Ok, so there was a female rider, fair enough to give one a chance, might spur other females to give it a go. Some tough females have taken to boxing. I don’t agree with boxing, but if females can do that they can do speedway. Anyone know why females can’t enter snooker alongside the men? 

Females can play snooker alongside the men but at the moment there isn’t anyone good enough.

Matchroom would love a high profile woman snooker player, just look at what they have done with Fallon Sherrock in the darts.

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Boxing is different as women and men don"t compete against each other.

Celina was quite a way back in some of her races, but ahe wasn't the only one.

She rode better when the track improved and showed that she was at least better than the track reserve.

Maybe she did get the spot in the meeting because she is a woman, but it's good to have a female rider and it probably added a bit of interest to the meeting.  

5 hours ago, Tim G said:

Females can play snooker alongside the men but at the moment there isn’t anyone good enough.

Matchroom would love a high profile woman snooker player, just look at what they have done with Fallon Sherrock in the darts.

But I not seen a female in televised preliminary rounds of any event (ok, I could have missed it).

21 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Boxing is different as women and men don"t compete against each other.

Celina was quite a way back in some of her races, but ahe wasn't the only one.

She rode better when the track improved and showed that she was at least better than the track reserve.

Maybe she did get the spot in the meeting because she is a woman, but it's good to have a female rider and it probably added a bit of interest to the meeting.  

I was relating to boxing-women as to how tough a woman can be. If a woman wants to do speedway she will expect to have knocks and accidents.