British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Celina Liebmann  is the wildcard for round 1 of the finals in Prague on Friday May 27th.

Strange choice.IMO

52 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Strange choice.IMO

Now if someone said it was to lure German fans to stay the weekend, I’d believe it…

Cos they did the exact same thing about 20 years ago when Gerd Riss was the wild card in a gp.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Now if someone said it was to lure German fans to stay the weekend, I’d believe it…

Cos they did the exact same thing about 20 years ago when Gerd Riss was the wild card in a gp.

It’s all about the money, money, money. Kercheng!

Attendance at Cardiff for the GP2 event will be poor.

No British, Australian or American representation.

If The Team GB set up is so professional and is pushing the sport and riders forward, why did no one qualify?

All the talent is being coached out of them and pushed in a direction to failure.

Just remember a lot of our highest sports personnel have previously stated this,

54 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

1. Attendance at Cardiff for the GP2 event will be poor.

2. No British, Australian or American representation.

3. If The Team GB set up is so professional and is pushing the sport and riders forward, why did no one qualify?

4. All the talent is being coached out of them and pushed in a direction to failure.

Just remember a lot of our highest sports personnel have previously stated this,

1. Was always gonna be poor and personally I think it's a stupid idea to have an U21 final at that (expensive) venue.

2. There will be a ACU licensed wild card and two reserves for the meeting

3. They were riding in a track they had no or little experince from. Gislaved especially is rubbish. Just because you can ride Wolves or Berwick dont mean you can qualify from a continental track.

4. Dont think so, U just need to get out more to ride the tracks that host the qualifiers.

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

If The Team GB set up is so professional and is pushing the sport and riders forward, why did no one qualify?

All the talent is being coached out of them and pushed in a direction to failure.

Please expand.

I think Brennan can count himself unfortunate to be in the hardest qualifier as he'd have breezed through the others. He looks the real deal but unfortunately Kemp, Rowe, Palin, Bickley and Flint don't appear to be fully realising their potential like many before them. It's a familiar tale.

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

3-4 K i would expect( don’t forget the GP ticket holders are admitted free.

point 4 and 5 is just plainly ridiculous. Things have changed for the better. Opportunities have grown with the Polish Extraleague U 24 league.

Our youngsters are gaining more experience in the FIM Europe events which we were never really interested in- but it takes time and the results will be seen in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

1. Was always gonna be poor and personally I think it's a stupid idea to have an U21 final at that (expensive) venue.

2. There will be a ACU licensed wild card and two reserves for the meeting

3. They were riding in a track they had no or little experince from. Gislaved especially is rubbish. Just because you can ride Wolves or Berwick dont mean you can qualify from a continental track.

4. Dont think so, U just need to get out more to ride the tracks that host the qualifiers.

1. Totally agree, waste of money, more suited to Belle Vue.

2. That is why it would be better suited and supported at a smaller less expensive venue.

3. Apart from Sam Hagon, they all have extensive European experience.

4. They have been doing.  

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Please expand.

I think Brennan can count himself unfortunate to be in the hardest qualifier as he'd have breezed through the others. He looks the real deal but unfortunately Kemp, Rowe, Palin, Bickley and Flint don't appear to be fully realising their potential like many before them. It's a familiar tale.

Can you expand why?

52 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

3-4 K i would expect( don’t forget the GP ticket holders are admitted free.

point 4 and 5 is just plainly ridiculous. Things have changed for the better. Opportunities have grown with the Polish Extraleague U 24 league.

Our youngsters are gaining more experience in the FIM Europe events which we were never really interested in- but it takes time and the results will be seen in the future.

Ridiculous, read the bottom line.

The other riders have little experience on the qualifying tracks and are similar ages, but qualified.

All excuses answered.

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

1. Totally agree, waste of money, more suited to Belle Vue.

2. That is why it would be better suited and supported at a smaller less expensive venue.

3. Apart from Sam Hagon, they all have extensive European experience.

4. They have been doing.  

Can you expand why?

Ridiculous, read the bottom line.

The other riders have little experience on the qualifying tracks and are similar ages, but qualified.

All excuses answered.

I will once you've explained your coaching remark. Just interested to know by who and in what way.

23 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Please expand.

If you read my post yesterday at 08:42 AM, think you will find the answer.

But what about your remarks?

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

If you read my post yesterday at 08:42 AM, think you will find the answer.

But what about your remarks?

So you have stated that 'all the talent is being coached out of them' but aren't prepared to say how, by who, where when etc etc. 

IMO the five riders I've named showed huge potential at 15 and 16 but haven't really kicked on since, and I'm using Lambert, Bewley & Brennan as recent examples of the benchmark. Perhaps our expectations are too high in the first place but when riders show such potential in their first couple of seasons I think we allowed to expect them to be decent regular scorers in our leagues two or three seasons later and to be competitive in World U21 events. I understand riders can develop late but we don't see enough of our youngsters turn into internationally competitive riders IMO. 

Draw for round 1 

1 108 Mateusz Świdnicki PZM Poland

2 16 Celina Liebmann DMSB Germany

3 92 Benjamin Basso DMU Denmark

4 43 Casper Henriksson SVEMO Sweden

5 842 Mateusz Cierniak PZM Poland

6 2 Francis Gusts LaMSF Latvia

7 515 Jakub Miśkowiak PZM Poland

8 505 Wiktor Przyjemski PZM Poland

9 44 Petr Chlupac ACCR Czech Republic

10 201 Jan Kvech ACCR Czech Republic

11 47 Wiktor Lampart PZM Poland

12 196 Kevin Juhl Pedersen DMU Denmark

13 118 Gustav Grahn SVEMO Sweden

14 281 Timi Salonen SML Finland

15 408 Jonas Knudsen DMU Denmark

16 717 Daniel Klíma ACCR Czech Republic

17 17 Matous Kamenik ACCR Czech Republic

18 18 Bruno Belan ACCR Czech Republic

With French open tennis looking as if it`s on both Eurosport 1 and 2 - the SGP 2 1st round next Friday evening at 6pm UK time will only be available on player/app.

Live on Eurosport 2 Poland so links should be available.

Edited by racers and royals