British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

25 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Yes, she can ride a bike, and I even think she will score a point or two tonight, but she is not really good enough to be in this SGP 2 series, considering others like Tom Brennan, Hellstrom-Bangs etc. do not get the chance. Even over here in Germany, no one really understands why she got the wildcard ahead of a much faster Norick Blodorn. It is only because she is a girl.   

Personally I dont think its helpful for women in sport when this happens, we should compete on merit alone when in mixed classed in sports events, but it is the way things are going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just spent 15 mins looking through and yes, the Swedish round was far stronger than the other rounds. For the FIM to run this series without a single Brit is frankly a disgrace, especially when you consider one of the rounds is Cardiff. Be lucky to get a few hundred there to watch it. Why on Earth not seed one Brit? It’s not as though Brennan for example would be tailed off!

Some of these guys would never be able to hold down a team berth in the Championship.

How do you know so many wouldn't be able to hold their own at Championship Level ?

As you've only just discovered who rode in which qualification round it hardly inspires me with belief in your knowledge of young riders climbing their way up the rankings.

I think its disgusting the establishment didn't give Tommy B a pick for the series, but thats what it is.

I hope he get the pick at Cardiff to show them what he could have done.

Watching this on D+

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

How do you know so many wouldn't be able to hold their own at Championship Level ?

As you've only just discovered who rode in which qualification round it hardly inspires me with belief in your knowledge of young riders climbing their way up the rankings.

I follow leagues in Europe. But there’s a few riders in this I am not familiar with. Watching the first 4 heats I can safely say some of these riders would not last in the Championship. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M.D said:

I think its disgusting the establishment didn't give Tommy B a pick for the series, but thats what it is.

Watching this on D+

he'll definitely be WC at Cardiff, but should be in the full series

• Like 1

Watched 3 Heats half of these are way out of their depth and like Shovlar said they wouldn't hold down a team place in the Championship.

Tom Brennan should've been handed a position when you look at some of the riders in this line-up.

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

Watching this on D+

They want Poles to win it. Take away threats of decent foreigners.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I follow leagues in Europe. But there’s a few riders in this I am not familiar with. Watching the first 4 heats I can safely say some of these riders would not last in the Championship. 

Didn't see your post as I was too busy typing but look at it above.

You're 100% right.

I have been to this track on two occasions for GPs and both times the racing was terrible. Tonight is no different, though there’s more dirt down and it rained.  Best part of the Prague GP is the town after the event.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Didn't see your post as I was too busy typing but look at it above.

You're 100% right.

Brennan would easily compete with the best of this bunch. 

• Like 1

Brennan beaten by Kvech last week in the U23s, Kvech is one of the best i've seen this season at this level though

May be the track & only the 1st set of heats, but, looking at this lot I wouldn't expect any of these to be future World Champions