British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 championship 2022 GP 2 3rd round Torun Friday September 30th

If the track was too dangerous for the meeting to continue then heat 20 should not have been rerun.  Regardless of how unfair anyone may think the final result would be, safety is supposed to come first above all else.  What if there had been a serious accident, that they wanted to be able to get to the end of 20 heats would have been little consolation.

And the decision that it was unfit to continue appeared to have been made after Basso went down yet they still made him and Kemp go out again anyway.  Presumably only to avoid affecting the final positions by striking out three heats  Schrödinger's rerun, at the same time both safe and unsafe

Well I feel so fortunate to have been out with family today and had to miss the live screening, just caught up via the youtube link kindly provided by @racers and royals.  Didn't have any prior knowledge of the outcome but feared the worst after watching the first few heats, luckily the showing was condensed to just under an hours viewing, must have been painful for those that sat through it live, even worse for those in the stadium.

All in all a crap weekends speedway, only shining light was Dan Bewley winning the main event last night, such a shame that the edge is taken off that win by the people responsible for ensuring a decent racing surface is provided, not much to ask for considering they were guaranteed no rain.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What was the reason given for cancellation of semi’s and Final

They had only booked the stadium till Tuesday....:D

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, nw42 said:

All in all a crap weekends speedway, only shining light was Dan Bewley winning the main event last night, such a shame that the edge is taken off that win by the people responsible for ensuring a decent racing surface is provided, not much to ask for considering they were guaranteed no rain.

Maybe it was the wrong type of sun.?...:D

18 hours ago, oleoleole said:

Well I made it to the end. It was bloody hard work though …… and I was just sat on my settee!!

Are you actually Ole Olsen? If so your final comment would explain a lot :rofl:

On 8/14/2022 at 7:15 PM, JamesHarris said:

I just don't get the obsession with having the Grand Prix at Cardiff. I get that its a glamorous stadium and all the events outside for the fans but it has never been a good racetrack. The track is too small and the races are over in a blink of an eye. I've been to two Cardiff GP's and can't really say either have been the best meeting I've ever seen. Why don't they move it to the new Belle Vue? It's not the Millennium Stadium but it's a proper British speedway track and we may even get some decent racing.  

But what is a "proper British track"?

The delight about our racing is in the difference.     Berwick, Plymouth, Armadale, Kent, Ipswich, Glasgow.......      You can see cracking meetings at them all.

Sadly, Belle Vue -- which is a great track, although not really "typically British" -- as a venue is lacking in spectator capacity, and the surrounding area is lacking in, well, civilisation.

Cardiff, with a better-prepared track surface, remains our best option by far.        IMO.

Edited by crescent girl
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 3:25 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

He has ridden well for us until halfway through the season when he crashed. Then he went several meetings for us and Wolves without scoring. Looks very nervous on a bike like he is crapping himself.

Scored well on Wednesday. Clearly a confidence issue. When he is confident he looks good, but other times couldn’t beat an egg.

Something very wrong with Kemp of late, watching him at Cardiff & at Glasgow on Saturday, last night at Wolves was very poor. Any one  know what the problem is ??

Probably a confidence thing. Has he had a bad fall recently. That can trigger a confidence problem….. can ride but not race.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:02 AM, crescent girl said:

But what is a "proper British track"?

The delight about our racing is in the difference.     Berwick, Plymouth, Armadale, Kent, Ipswich, Glasgow.......      You can see cracking meetings at them all.

Sadly, Belle Vue -- which is a great track, although not really "typically British" -- as a venue is lacking in spectator capacity, and the surrounding area is lacking in, well, civilisation.

Cardiff, with a better-prepared track surface, remains our best option by far.        IMO.

I've alerted the moderators due to the breach of far too many true  facts in one post rule.

Edited by Triple.H.
My thumbs were faster than my brain and missed "true"

STARTING LIST NICE FIM SGP2 of POLAND 30th September 2022 – TORUN

1 43 Casper Henriksson SVEMO Sweden

2 842 Mateusz Cierniak PZM Poland

3 281 Timi Salonen SML Finland

4 108 Mateusz Świdnicki PZM Poland

5 27 Tom Brennan ACU Great Britain

6 408 Jonas Knudsen DMU Denmark

7 505 Wiktor Przyjemski PZM Poland

8 196 Kevin Juhl Pedersen DMU Denmark

9 16 Krzysztof Lewandowski PZM Poland